Trump Blaming Cops, Soldiers For Giving Him COVID

President Donald Trump has now blamed police officers, soldiers and Gold Star families for infecting him and aide Hope Hicks with COVID-19.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1337292
1 Like

22 Likes

“They want to hug me, and they want to kiss me. And they do,” he added. “And, frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it.”

Funny thing about that is there are zero videos of that happening. It’s almost as if ….

49 Likes

“But it’s very, very hard when you are with people from the military or law enforcement, and they come over to you, and they want to hug you. And they want to kiss you, because we really have done a good job for them,” Trump said. “And you get close, and things happen.”

Am I the only one who hears echos of the access hollywood tape here?

35 Likes

Trump tests positive than shuts down contact testing after his super spreader evet and now blames others after refusing to allow authorities to discover the truth. SSDD.

20 Likes

I wonder who he blamed for the STD’s he contracted back in his Viet Nam avoiding days?

23 Likes

What an ass.

23 Likes

What a guy. Those darn Gold Star families

9 Likes

47 Likes

In all seriousness, as someone who has a subconscious repulsion to being touched, it’s very easy to maintain distance with anyone, even while conveying empathy with your eyes.

11 Likes

I was really glad that Harris made sure to get to this issue, and hammer it hard. Despite peace’s lies to the contrary there is a huge amount of information that trump due to his extreme narcasism disrespects service of any kind, let alone the ultimate sacrifice.

If John Kelly had one ounce of honor, he would speak up and confirm trump’s awful statements, but he is either a coward, or more likely along with the the trump/Steven Miller White nazi project.

16 Likes

Roy Cohn.

6 Likes

so, are these “Loosers”?

5 Likes

I see this slightly differently, Trump is dissing or throwing under the bus military family members.

“Sometimes, I’d be in groups of, for instance, Gold Star families. I met with Gold Star families. I didn’t want to cancel that,” he told Fox Business’ Maria Bartiromo on Thursday. “But they all came in, and they all talk about their son and daughter and father. And, you know, they all came up to me, and they tell me a story.”

I think pissing on the military families is really not going to add votes in his column.

28 Likes

“Trump has now blamed police officers, soldiers and Gold Star families for infecting him and aide Hope Hicks with COVID-19.”

You know who’s a Gold Star family?

The Bidens.

35 Likes

Shazam

33 Likes

And that’s charitable.

4 Likes

I felt like I had finally fully embraced my membership in the LGBTQ community when I called a gay man who supported Trump “Roy Cohn.”

8 Likes

200+ years. That’s never happened.

7 Likes

40 Likes