Trump Blames Blagojevich’s Prison Sentence On Comey, Who Wasn’t At DOJ At The Time | Talking Points Memo

I’m the outlier in my family. Everyone else is republican to one extent or another. But none are rabid trump supporters. “Republican” for trump is only out of convenience as he is no conservative… meaning small government, balanced budget type traditional conservative. That’s dead and gone.

1 Like

I learned this from the impeachment trial. If you attempted to do an illegal thing but were unsuccessful then it doesn’t count. Trump logic becomes Republican logic,

5 Likes

It looks like Trump will soon need a new AG. Is Blago a lawyer? Does it matter?

1 Like

All that matters to trump is unquestioning loyalty. Actual ability to do a job or any experience is waaaay down the list.

1 Like

Honest? They charge you for lawn signs? Our local supervisor candidate was giving them away.

1 Like

Half-kidding. Anything Trump’s involved with involves a fee. Sliding scale, you pay more the less you have.

3 Likes

Indubitably.

2 Likes

In Trumpworld, if the attempted bribe fails and you don’t actually get anything back, then it wasn’t bribery. Notwithstanding the legal definition of bribery.

1 Like

Extra Credit-
Who is Elliot Abrams?

1 Like

He’ll move to Wasilla, AK and make common cause with wha’s 'er name.
Like minds invariably seek each other out.

“Why does Trump hate Comey so much?” my daughter asked me.

“Because he is intelligent, tall and good-looking” I responded. I just can’t think of any other reasons that the stupid hulk would hate him sooo much. The way Trump fired him, the announcement came on tv where Comey was lecturing. I was not a big fan of Comey, has made some mistakes but…

Comey retroactively sentenced BlaGo. He’s a pretty powerful guy.

Basically, what we have is a goddamned mobster as President complaining that the cop who fingered him is also “bad” because he sent another mobster to the big house.

Let’s leave aside the fact that there’s no factual basis to the claim that this particular “bad cop” had any involvement in the arrest.

Trump is out of his mind, and because of that we live in a delusional, upside down world where the criminals are the good guys and the cops are the baddies.

How is this piece of shit still President? Because he was given a pass by the GOP Senate.

1 Like

Ten years more.
Go ahead, shoot me now then.

jw1

1 Like

I am an unreconstructed child of the Woodstock Nation. I was 20 at the time.
“Freedom, freedom…
Sometimes I feel like a motherless child…
Sometimes I feel like I’m almost gone”

Three days pass and it was Hendrix with his white Stratocaster.
And I was not the kid I had been.

By Trumpball rules, it’s now fair to blame Trump for helping Bush and Cheney sell the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

For a moment I thought you wrote “tumor” not “turmoil.” It would make as much sense, maybe even more.

1 Like

Isn’t it time for Trump to thank Comey for getting him elected in the first place?

trump would blame Obama for WW2 and the Great Depression if he thought he could get away with it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available