Trump Becomes Just Another New York Criminal Defendant During First Day In Court

NEW YORK—As Donald Trump’s criminal trial in Manhattan debuts on Monday, let me share with you how we at TPM are thinking we’ll be covering this.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1485913
2 Likes

A tired, haggard, sleepy, old criminal defendant.

37 Likes

DJT: Born a thug. Lives today as a thug. Will die a thug.

29 Likes

Just another defendant that looks like a clown…

18 Likes

Prosecutors raised that last point in arguments for sanctions, asking Judge Merchan to impose a $3,000 fine on Trump; $1,000 apiece for three posts which, prosecutors say, ran afoul of Merchan’s gag order. Merchan replied by setting a hearing on April 24 to discuss the matter.

With all due respect your honor, why do you need to set a separate hearing on this matter? Look at the posts and decide whether or not you feel that they violated the gag order that you set. Rule immediately. It shouldn’t take an extra nine days - during which time more might go up - to slap a repeat offender of violating gag orders down.

26 Likes

I just came here to gawk at that picture of a madman.

Look at that flat-top. The bags under his eyes. That orangey moonfaced dullard. The scowl. I mean, where’s a good blowdryer when you need one? Getting up early really is gonna be the worst part of his day in all this for Mr. Tiny Hands tRump. Can’t wait for the reach around hug tRump likes to give himself when he’s really in over his head.

Yeah, I’d make a terrible jurist.

He’s in a heap of trouble but the only thing he’ll care about is how he looks on camera before and after they let him out of the courtroom. Not to mention the whining he’ll do about how unfair Jesus tRump is being treated…like nothing anyone has ever seen before…EVER!!!

49 Likes

I was noticing the amount of pad in those shoulder pads. Sticks out so much, his arms look like they are sliding off his torso.

31 Likes

Ain’t that nice!

He’s the Sleeping Booby!

6 Likes

Wonder if that is some joke by his stylist. “You look great and powerful, Sir!”

13 Likes

Dear lord let this be the start of accountability for this cretinous heel. I hope they let the Central Park 5 come and visit his trial and sit directly behind his fat orange ass.

38 Likes

What do you expect from a man too cheap to tailor his off-the-rack suits? Even my spousal unit had to have his last suit tailored – one shoulder is about a half inch higher than the other. A little bit of padding, and voila, a well-tailored suit.

20 Likes

“scheduling elements of the trial amid the Passover holiday,”

I have no idea why this is relevant. Sedar will take place after court is over for the day.

7 Likes

I’m sure there will be room, because Mel sure ain’t there, or any of his three oldest spawn.

8 Likes

So happy that Josh persevered and got in. Maybe get there an hour or so earlier tomorrow?

16 Likes

Defense was complaining they hadn’t had enough time to present all their exhibits. Seriously? The indictment was announced over a year ago.

Trump 47 Cabinet:

AG: Alina Habba
Commerce: Jared Kushner
ATF: Wayne LaPierre
DHHS: Ronny Jackson
SecDef: Michael Flynn
State: Lara Trump
Education: Stephen Miller

Anybody got any other nominations?

5 Likes

The Seder (effectively) marks the start of the holiday, for which the first two days and last two days are considered holy. Passover is not just a dinner outside of court hours.

17 Likes

This is loudly proclaimed on trump’s torso…

1 Like

Ya, but, if that’s Trump’s torso I’ll eat my shorts.

3 Likes

You haven’t seen Get Out? Seriously, if you haven’t seen it, you should.

giphy

6 Likes

Energy: Mr. Burns

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available