Trump Back At SCOTUS In Bid To Keep Tax Returns Away From Manhattan DA | Talking Points Memo

It’s déjà vu for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, as President Trump asked the Supreme Court on Tuesday to stay a subpoena for the President’s tax returns.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1338198
1 Like

“Dear Supreme Court, please don’t make me tell the truth. I’ve never done it before.”

28 Likes

Translation: Please put this off until after the election.

28 Likes

Trump, with help from the not conservative but Republican Supreme Court, is merely stalling until after 11/3/2020 when it will no longer matter.

That is the Supreme Court once again said god damn the U.S. Constitution and our oaths of office and the American people right to know about their president and democracy as we only care about Republicans holding power.

16 Likes

WTF??? If we NEEDED proof that Donnie never actually LEARNED anything after Daddy got him into Penn, it’s this. The SC are NOT your personal lawyers. Period. You are a cheating, lying POS that can PAY for corrupt motherfkers to clog up the courts…but not one of the CO-EQUAL branches of government.

14 Likes

Before the election, after the election… doesn’t really matter.

Trump knows what’s in his tax returns and he knows if the Manhattan DA’s office gets to see them in full he’s screwed. All he can do is delay it and hope he can steal the election to buy him more time in which he is “immune” to prosecution.

29 Likes

Oh my, little Donnie Trump feels harrassed, . . . how sad, how sad . . . .boooo,hoooo.

10 Likes

So much to hide: no truth, no courage, no moral compass, no conscience. All about image and ego, and that those frothing Covidiots worship his orange subhuman holiness.

8 Likes

This shit is caught in a worse loop than a Christopher Nolan film.

19 Likes

Ignorance hiding behind bravado.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, the Roberts court will do everything it can possibly do to protect Trump and the end game effort to create their permanent minority-rules white Christian hegemony.

What’s that you say? One of them is black?

Yeah…well…just further proof that religion is mental illness.

6 Likes

Can you imagine a movie where an incompetent mob boss runs for and wins the presidency in order to dodge his creditors and the law? So unbelievable!

18 Likes

Is it not largely a matter of the horses having left the barn after the NYT stories? What crucial pieces are left, I wonder?

9 Likes

My Cousin Dimmy

11 Likes

The Eternal Tax Case of the Racist Mind

15 Likes

I predicted this second trip to the supreme court after the first remand to lower court. We should call it the Supine Delay Court. But they sure are quick to prohibit ballot drop boxes (though not the private GOP ones in california, should that one come before them).

21 Likes

I don’t know what all the fuss is. Trump already promised to release them once that imaginary interminable IRS audit is over. We should take him at his word! The real outrage is that Biden called him a clown.

8 Likes

Idiocracy 2 – Fat, Dumb, and Contagious

11 Likes

It’s amazing, though not surprising, how many 2nd chances “rich”, white men get when they’re in front of our court system. This shit’s been going on for 5 years, he should have had to reveal his taxes in 2015.

13 Likes

How many bites at the apple does this moron get before they finally tell the Toddler-in-Chief, “no, means no”. Enough already. He’s not above the law yet they seem to keep indulging him on specious grounds.

13 Likes