Trump Announces Pence Will Lead Admin’s Response To Coronavirus | Talking Points Memo

Amid mixed messages from the Trump administration regarding how it plans to address growing fears surrounding the spread of coronavirus in the U.S., President Trump announced Wednesday evening that Vice President Mike Pence will be in charge of addressing it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1293563
1 Like

Great. Put an anti-science ideologue in charge of an epidemic.

61 Likes
68 Likes

My money in the office pool was on Jared.

23 Likes

There’s no need to fear!

Mike the Q-Tip is here!

7 Likes

24 Likes
24 Likes

Trump Announces Pence Will Lead Admin’s Response To Coronavirus

“Top men”

14 Likes

‘Mike will report directly to me.’

Bold leadership there, declaring that the Vice President of the United States will report directly to the President of the United States.

I would hate to be the administrative assistant who had to redo that org chart.

46 Likes

Apparently, Jared was too busy. But, hey, isn’t China part of Ivanka’s sphere of influence (influenza?)???

9 Likes

Yep, we’re doomed….

Before I go, I’ll post this article I just ran across about a pet peeve of mine, too–simply washing one’s damn hands!

10 Likes

And can’t you see it coming, in about a month:

“Well, you know, that Pence guy was in charge of all that. I hardly ever met him, don’t know him at all. People say he’s doing a terrible job, but I never met him at all.”

44 Likes

Nope. This is a setup to fail.

20 Likes

A set up to fail, indeed, with a man dumber-than-a-post in charge of a demoralized and eviscerated Federal workforce. And with Mr Trump tweeting and blaming others merrily about every twist and turn, keeping it all in the forefront of public attention as things get worse.

16 Likes

Now that he’s established who’s getting thrown under the bus once the shit hits the fan, the prezitend can go back to important things like twatting at us all.

16 Likes

Are you people watching this press conference? I think this is how zombie movies start.

27 Likes

Good, a scientist who knows what he’s doing.

I feel much better now.

48 Likes

Sure why not the guy that caused a mini HIV epidemic by closing Planned Parenthood in Indiana.

22 Likes

Fucking brilliant! We’re dead.

12 Likes

Precisely. All we have to do is jam him into someone’s nose to let him make the diagnosis.

3 Likes