President Donald Trump announced Deputy Director of National Intelligence Sue Gordon’s resignation on Thursday.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1241509
President Donald Trump announced Deputy Director of National Intelligence Sue Gordon’s resignation on Thursday.
We have, without doubt, the most expensive, and arguably the most capable intelligence apparatus in the world, yet can’t find anyone to lead it. I guess Wussolini is planning on doing this by himself too?
This makes the old Mad Magazine “Spy vs. Spy” look like a very model of debonair sophistication.
Can’t have a functioning intel apparatus while working with foreign powers to rig an election…no no…can’t have that at all…
Trump fired her in order to disrupt the succession and be able to name whoever he wants as “acting”. Probably trump has in mind someone whose name ends in “-in”, “-sky”, “ov” or “ev”.
It’s a fundamentally unworkable situation. Anybody with a modicum of experience in government would understand that.
How soon will the number of Donnie departee’s exceed the population of a mid-sized US city? State?
Bill Barr, AG / Acting DNI.
He’ll have to get past Ivanka first…
Donald Trump announced Deputy Director of National Intelligence Sue Gordon’s resignation on Thursday.
Well, that was the plan all along, wasn’t it? Trump wants a loyal toady and psychophant as DNI and that ain’t Sue Gordon.
No. Mulvaney.
And then he will transfer employees to Tulsa and give them 30 days to move.
I’ve done some preliminary probability calculations, and it seems an inescapable statistical certainty that, by the year 2023, Trump will have tweet-fired every man, woman, and child currently living in America – and several thousand Armenians yet to immigrate.
this should be the end of this.
Are we accepting immigrants from Armenia? Aren’t they a little … swarthy?
Clearly Trump does not like people who might actually know how to do their jobs. It’s how he can claim to be the smartest guy in the room.
Thursday night massacre, DNI venue.
There is something out there that Trump really, really, doesn’t want found.
Moscow Mitch must have gotten new orders from Mother Russia…
Only the best.
Does Susan Gordon know about her resignation?
I mean, before the tweet.
"I have gotten to know Sue over the past 2 years and have developed great respect for her,” Trump tweeted. “Sue has announced she will be leaving on August 15, which coincides with the retirement of Dan Coats.”
Everyday and in every way,we think that we can exhale.NOPE,the dust never settles with Trump.I think the Jeffery Epstien situation in prison and the actions that were taken in his cell is sending shivers up Trumps spine,for he knows if he dose’nt get reelected he will be finding out what drove Epstein to do what he did or what some one did to him.He can’t shut down everything but he sure is trying.
I can’t say I think much of her patriotism on the way out the door.
She knows why he wants her gone, so, “No, I will not resign. Fire. Me.”