Trump And Pence Have Spoken Twice Since Biden Inauguration | Talking Points Memo

Former governing partners Donald Trump and Mike Pence have spoken twice since the inauguration last month, CNN reported late Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1361568

Time for Q-Tip to implement call blocking.

13 Likes

One detail left out of the story is that when T***p called Pence, Q-Tip answered with “New phone, who dis…?”

8 Likes

It’s almost as if I’m looking at Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth pretending to get along for the sake of a big bucks reunion tour.

12 Likes

Please major networks: do not cover Trump’s CPAC outing. No more free media for the loser.

11 Likes

A source familiar with the former president and vice president’s relationship described ties between the two men to CNN as “amicable.”

If true, Pence is the weakest, most pathetic excuse for a human being that we’ve ever seen in American public life. Even Fled Cruz, who was fine with Trump calling his wife ugly and his father a presidential assassin, manages to look like a tough guy next to Pence.

37 Likes

In keeping with party traditions laid down by the Cheney administration, Mikey called to admit his fault and ask how he could make it up to Donnie.

9 Likes

I could be way off on this, but I look for Trump to announce his 2024 candidacy at CPAC. He’s dying down at Mar-a-Lago for lack of being the center of attention. And the grift of being an official candidate and all the cash that allows you to raise is likely too much to pass on. Plus it heads off at the pass other candidacies. In this environment you’re going to declare you’re running against Trump? Sure, there’s time yet to do it, but declaring now would not be surprising. The temptation of moving back above the fold, for days and days, or even months and years, is too much for him to resist.

13 Likes

4 Likes

How many times can you pick up the phone after each call being called a rat !

“Let’s not bicker and argue about who tried to kill who.”

34 Likes

One does have to tiptoe around the eggshells in the presence of the amicable, wrathful Kingmaker. The less speaking the better, the way I see it.

1 Like

Can’t we all just get along with you?

3 Likes

Better so

What amuses me is Mikey still thinks he has a shot at the oval office.

8 Likes

Pence wants his balls back. Donald is keeping them.

7 Likes

49 is the upper limit.

Except that now that NYS has/will have access to Trump’s tax returns, supporting documents, and the people who created them Donnie Boy is going to be a tad busy answering questions.
And now that he’s not POTUS has he assumed the mantle of the Trump Org in full? He’s got properties to dump; LLCs to create; his Michael Cohen ain’t there; so that’s another item on the to-do list, find a new Roy Cohen; and he has to find someway to grift more $$$ to pay for everything.

10 Likes

Donald has them on ice in case he ever decides to start drinking martinis.

Trump has been eating lawsuits for breakfast for 4 decades. I doubt he’s sweating these new developments to the degree some are speculating.

5 Likes