Trump And Chesebro Engage In Early Jockeying Over Georgia Trial Date - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Attorney Ken Chesebro prevailed on Thursday in a request to have his trial on racketeering charges in Georgia start as early as possible.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1467085

Wait… was not Chesebro arraigned and mug shot taken already? The article say this is supposed to happen Sept. 6th. This is confusing
No cat pic handy…

8 Likes

According to the articles about the other defendants, this week’s activities are “arrests and bookings,” not arraignments. That’s apparently a separate stage in the process.

14 Likes

Leave no stone unturned, eh?
Make sure that includes Roger.

10 Likes

Chesebro is scouting ahead for the rest of the J6 gang.

His “I was just lawyering” defense is probably the strongest of any of them, so he might emerge unscathed even if the trial were genuinely biased.

He’s the guy my party of miscreants would send into the Pit of Legal Peril for a reconnoiter.

6 Likes

Stuff is moving fast, it appears.

3 Likes

Hmm. Okay. But I’d say that he most likely could not care less what happens to some of those folks–the fake electors, for example.

3 Likes

You can track Air Farce One heading for Atlanta here:

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=aa3410

1 Like

Looking under rocks for clients takes a lot less effort than chasing ambulances.

2 Likes

Trump’s mug shot…
Meadows Mug

11 Likes

No thanks. I don’t care how “historic” the moment may be. The media should grow a pair (some pairs?) and cut this guy off from the free campaign ads.

12 Likes

I know Mark Meadows is an asshole, but I didn’t know he is a creationist, dinosaur land real estate grifter who misused congressional funds while in the House of Reps. I also did not recall that he resigned from the House as these issues were bubbling up to become Chief of Staff for the Orange Menace.

Mug shot indeed!

14 Likes

Ahhhh Daaaaaad!!!
We’re just having a little fun here! We’ve earned it after putting up with all the hell he’s put us all through these last several years!

5 Likes

This is probably Chesebro’s best option, getting a separate trial means he can focus his jury on what he did and not get them bogged down with the rest of the criming. He can tell a story that’s actually reasonable, “it’s my duty to give options”, especially since that advice was given way ahead of the possibly nefarious activities. If he can argue that what he said was legal, or at least arguable (since a lot of Electoral College stuff is in a gray area), then he can generate reasonable doubt and get off.

And, that may actually be the just result, if that’s all he did…but, it seems unlikely that he just gave an opinion and then Trump and company ran off the deep end with it, especially since he seems to have hung around during the part where they came up with the steps that appear to cross the line into conspiracy to overthrow an election. It depends on what Willis has on him, which we won’t know until the trial…he will, and if he’s screwed we may see a plea deal when he gets the discovery evidence.

The one good thing is that we will see real movement on a trial in a couple months, it will be a relief to see someone charged and tried, and we’ll get an indication of just how deep the evidence is. It may also panic some of the other defendants if he’s found guilty and given a big sentence.

31 Likes

F4PR0kkaMAACInX

32 Likes

The bonds, fingerprinting, and mugshots are taken this week. The pleas to charges may take place in the beginning of September but I haven’t seen that date confirmed. It was different in the NYC and the two federal cases when the not guilty pleas were entered on the same day as the booking steps. Different jurisdictions, different procedures.

3 Likes

The Devils are Going Down to Georgia. :fu:

7 Likes

If I was any one of the others on this Ship of Fools, I’d be scared shitless about what this means for me. Do I want to hold out and hope that Cheseboro doesn’t give me up for some more favorable punishment for himself? Of course not. What a delicious show for the rest of us to watch.

12 Likes

He, along with his wife, is also a voter fraudster, having voted using a bogus address in North Carolina while he lived in Virginia. Had he been a different skin color and/or a different political stripe he likely would have been prosecuted.

19 Likes

Thanks. I am no lawyer or legal eagle

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available