Trump Admin Moves To Speed Up 2020 Census Count, Raising Alarms About Accuracy | Talking Points Memo

Well, Nimrod’s grandfather was Ham. So there’s that.

1 Like

No argument but, it’s not Trump we have to worry about, it’s the GOP ratfucking machine that is attempting to ensure its survival for another 10 years.

1 Like

True, however, the count was scheduled to be completed by December when they are set to deliver the apportioned numbers. That means the actual count would need to be completed by early November at the latest. When I was a C Level Exec in business we planned on just about nothing being completed between Mid-November to Mid-January due to holidays and all the activities around them. So I’m thinking planners, not mal-administration appointees, have a good schedule set. Yes, COVID has disrupted plans for the door to door but the actual number counted by that method has historically been low. So people don’t get your panties in a twist, just more distraction. As stated by the Bureau for 2010, about 3.3 percent were counted erroneously, I don’t see that even doubling that number would make much difference nationwide.

2010 numbers: The Census Bureau released estimates of the components of coverage: the number of correct census records, erroneous enumerations, and omissions.

The Census Bureau estimates that among the 300.7 million people who live in housing units, about 94.7 percent were counted correctly, about 3.3 percent were counted erroneously, 1.6 percent provided only a census count and had their demographic characteristics imputed, or statistically inserted, and 0.4 percent needed more extensive imputation after all census follow-up efforts were attempted. Among those erroneously counted, about 84.9 percent were duplicates, while the remainder were incorrectly counted for another reason, such as people who died before Census Day (April 1, 2010), who were born after Census Day or were fictitious census records.

The Census Bureau estimated 16.0 million omissions in the census. Omissions include people missed in the census and people whose census records could not be verified in the post-enumeration survey because they did not answer enough of the demographic characteristic questions in the census. Of the 16.0 million omissions, about 6.0 million were likely counted in the census but couldn’t be verified in the post-enumeration survey.

Are Republicans becoming desperate about this, too:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/how-a-remote-work-boom-and-a-city-exodus-might-reshape-rural-america-194825915.html

We all knew that many Boomers were retiring to Southern/Western states and that Millennials preferred sunnier metros like Atlanta, now it appears that rural America, too, is going to be invaded by Yankees who vote progressive.

Actually, it’s been a trend for some time in most metros. There has been a growing gentrification of rural communities near all metro areas. The newly rich and upper middle class have been building their country estates farther and further away from the City Centers since the 1980s tech boom.

Now suburbanites are following to stretch their dwindling incomes as underemployment and the gig economies make all American workers journeymen laborers. Local and state politics will never be the same for the Republicans kingpins who have been dominating these communities.

Demographics is going to get them in urban, suburban and rural areas. Former urban residents are going to mix with the poor local Black and Hispanic populations to topple the traditional feudal system in the South. There is more than one way to end slavery?

2 Likes

Gotta win & WIN BIG. … REALLY BIG! … otherwise all is immediately lost.

If the win is a Blue Tsunami … there will be ways to make it brutally clear to Trump that he is done … and that any overt attempt to pull off a takeover … will result in immediate termination of a the very final kind …

At the same time there has to be a strong (blunt & forceful) coherent plan to rein in the possibility of Capitol hill nonsense between Nov 3 and the inauguration.

… and throughout … RGB needs to keep fighting for all of us!

No two census takings shall be ten or more years apart?

2 Likes

Operation Warp Speed strikes again. The Top 1% and Putin know they need to move now or lose it all.

Unfortunately, I think we can assume that the Asshole-elect has so fucked up the census that we’ll have to wait until 2030 to get a real count of American citizens. Note, I say citizens because I don’t believe illegal aliens should be counted. But be that as it may, Trump

I believe so as well. Trump needs a daily distraction to troll libs and feed his base while he destroys the government.

Well just remember, women have to either follow their husbands, or their fathers. And sons would already be with their fathers as they help him grow the business. I believe the bible is clear on this and all matters. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

There is only one response. Delay and obstruction, Congressional hearings to investigate, subpoena documents and witnesses, gum this shit up. Nothing happens until a real bill to address the pandemic impact on the Country, no give up leverage, no, Moscow Mitch needs to address the whole situation. And why did the Democratic Senators go home, they should have stayed in DC and worked, worked on messaging, on unity, on real plans and they should have been talking about it all weekend, only game in town and all.

They just don’t seem to understand, Trump-Putin-McConnell are plotting a coup of some sort, that can’t leave any stone unturned. They need to fight, not play the game.

1 Like

"When I asked Bill Frischling, who runs the Factbase Web site... to look at how often [Trump] had questioned voting or suggested that an election would be rigged... he came up with seven hundred and thirteen references." https://t.co/kKdOgT34n5

— Jeff Sharlet (@JeffSharlet) July 31, 2020
2 Likes

Agree 100%, but I would like to hear something substantive from the Dems about what, if anything, they’re doing to prevent Trump from undermining or rigging the election.

1 Like

share the feeling …
suspect that this is an area where some old school ear bending, cajoling, appealing to higher priorities , is going on … and on different levels …

the key is that the bigger the lead … and the higher the probability that there will be a Blue Tsunami - the less inclined local & state partisans will be to engage in criminal tampering - - have to HOPE & figure that few will be willing to die on Trump hill if Trump has a huge probability of going down - Why break the law for Trump if there is a huge chance it will not make a differences PLUS if you subsequently get caught - you may go to jail for years.

1 Like

Karl Rove was Nimrods dad?

1 Like

I am being trained for door knocking for the census. We are two months late even to begin training. Now the training is such a mess that after a week most trainees haven’t even gotten into the web site to finish training, the tech support is overwhelmed across the country. So I’m guessing this delayed and poor training is on purpose – but could just be standard SNAFU (but I doubt it at this point)

3 Likes

I hope that Biden is keeping a running list to undo everything that fat-boy has done. And to re-do everything he has undone. I could spare a few reams of paper.

1 Like

I can’t see why states that would be affected by this would not sue over it, whether before the count or after the count.

I don’t think the count is going to be the end of this whole thing.

And Texas starts voting October 13. You’re almost done, Donnie.

Love this comment. Brava!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available