Treasury Tries To Clean Up Major Flub In Trump Tax Returns Case | Talking Points Memo

The Trump administration on Wednesday admitted to a federal court that it needed to correct a major problem in court papers that it filed as part of a bid to shoot down a House lawsuit for President Trump’s tax returns.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1249527
2 Likes

Just release the God damned documents!! Every other President and Presidential candidates have done it for a long time!! What is he hiding???

35 Likes

Jimmy Breslin was born in the wrong era…this administration is the shiniest example ever of a "gang that couldn’t shoot straight…

12 Likes

However, the Wednesday court filing revealed that there were additional conversations between the committee and Chapman, the IRA employee, about getting follow-up responses to the committee’s post-briefing questions.

Sounds like the House is being Lewandowskied again. Please let Chairweenie Nadler know, I’m certain he’ll weigh in with his heavy hand.

And why is the Irish Republican Army involved :thinking:

9 Likes

It gets so tedious…

12 Likes

At this point, it’s become obvious to anyone who has two brain cells to rub together that whatever is in those returns, Dear Leader will do anything to prevent it from coming out. Anything. No, I don’t know what it is but I don’t think it matters anymore. The regime knows it’s really not good.

26 Likes

Correct, rinse, repeat, start over. This can go on and on and on…

2 Likes

This is how all this Trump BS feels.

3 Likes

‘I am DONALD J. TRUMP and I don’t have to do sht!’ I love how Donnie held onto the meme 'I am being audited BY THE GOVERNMENT and I will release them when I ‘can’ and now he is fighting releasing them to the government because it would just be ‘political’. Hmmmmmmmmm.

12 Likes

America 2019

Those who want a Trump Regime
Those who do not want a Trump Regime

9 Likes

Treasury just inadvertently leaving out these important communications that support the committee’s case. I just can’t understand why they’d do that. It’s almost like they were trying to mislead the court - and then realized the committee also had copies of those communications.

32 Likes

Once again, this is NOT how innocent people act. If Trump is truly transparent, then he should have nothing to hide. The mere act of covering up something suggests there is some guilt or sin involved.

15 Likes

So speaks the increasingly authoritarian government. How dare we question them.

The signs of us losing our freedoms and the powers that be tightening their noose keep getting more in your face.

9 Likes

It’s always the Nixonian “modified limited hangout” with them. Either it’s this with the tax returns or the Barr summary memos etc.

8 Likes

Professional sh*t throwers at wall they ain’t…

Trump and the GOP are sustaining too many political blows over this and so many other matters and sooner or later their wall of unity will collapse and the floodgates will open. I think that the Trump/GOP appearance of impenetrability is largely an illusion held together by baling wire and chewing gum and it’s eventually going to come crashing down. And then all bets are off.

19 Likes

Which has been going on since Day 1. When are the frogs actually boiled to death in the stove kettle? When the rest of the world goes after the US and squashes the Empire, or will they all just be joining the US? I’m asking the young people who’s time is now.

1 Like

That is such lawyer-speak bullshit. I have been a lawyer for 12 years and crap like that still makes me want to puke. If it was immaterial information, they wouldn’t spend the time, effort, and money to amend their fucking response. Jeebus! Everybody knows that, yet they employ the circular, passive voice language to make it look like it’s no big deal.

19 Likes

More proof that when you employ Mob Lawyers you are not getting the cream of the crop in representation.

6 Likes

They count on that
Stonewall until you give up
Not Today Motherfuckers

11 Likes