Tracking The Main Excuses GOP Senators Are Offering Trump Ahead Of Acquittal | Talking Points Memo

I would not have gotten away with that!

3 Likes

I’ve got lots of strings
Yessirree
I’m gonna live to be 103
I betrayed my country to enrich me
I’ve got lots of strings

4 Likes

Sen. John Chafee (R–RI) voted “Not guilty” on both Clinton articles of impeachment – as did Sens. Jim Jeffords (R–VT), Susan Collins (R–ME), Olympia Snowe (R–ME), and Arlen Specter (R–PA).

Sen. Slade Gorton (R–WA) voted “Not guilty” on one of them – as did Sens. Richard Shelby (R–AL)*, Ted Stevens (R–AK), Fred Thompson (R–TN), and John Warner(R–VA).

*Holy crap!

11 Likes

Thanks for keeping track of their excuses. I can’t stand to listen to them blather on with a subtext of how scared they are of the president.

5 Likes

Sen. Snowballs.

7 Likes

53 version of IOKIYAR… I don’t much care to hear them…

4 Likes

In this time of snide nicknames, I think the ‘Sniveling Senate Majority’ fits.

The sad part is that because of the Senate rules and current majority leader, the entire senate qualifies as the Sniveling Senate

2 Likes

6 Likes

There is a strong smell from WDC. It comes about every time Republican Senators removed their heads from their asses.

Seven Republican senators were concerned that the proceedings had been manipulated to give a one-sided presentation of the evidence. Senators William P. Fessenden, Joseph S. Fowler, James W. Grimes, John B. Henderson, Lyman Trumbull, Peter G. Van Winkle,[36] and Edmund G. Ross, who provided the decisive vote,[37] defied their party by voting against conviction. In addition to the aforementioned seven, three more Republicans James Dixon, James Rood Doolittle, Daniel Sheldon Norton, and all nine Democratic senators voted not guilty.

3 Likes

I seriously could not even read the senator’s drivel, because it would ruin my lunch. These creatures are beyond shame.

2 Likes

Okay, now this is funny.

4 Likes

Sorry, I meant that no Senator ever voted against their party’s President. I should have been more clear.

They sold

(1) Their souls
(2) Their place in history
(3) Their Branch of Government
(4) Their Country

all for the favor of a Fat Treasonous Fuck: Donald Trump

And the Bastard STILL thinks you are gutless slimeballs. And, for once, Trump is right.

twitter.com

Brian J. Karem (BrianKarem)

Hogan Gidley says ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ won’t accept censure because he’s “Done nothing wrong”

10:18 AM - 4 Feb 2020 120 68

3 Likes

Happens all the time in Parliamentary systems. I think Spain finally has a government but they didn’t have one for almost a year.

I don’t understand why some people pine for a parliamentary system.

They are twisting themselves into pretzels with this. They know they’re pathetic but try to stop saying it out loud otherwise their worldview would utterly shatter. They are clowns for all eternity

3 Likes

Don’t knock the lobbying gig. It can pay several million a year plus perks. A political commentator spot on cable in contrast only pays $300-400,000 a year. Most senators lack the good looks to nab an anchor spot. For example, the sentence “That Jim Inhofe sure is easy on the eyes” is unlikely to ever be spoken or even written by a billion monkeys typing random sentences constantly over a billion years.

3 Likes

U.S. Senate GOPers = FUBAR

1 Like

Main excuses?

1./ FECKLESS
2./ NO SPINE

a president is within his authority to request that a foreign leader assist with anti corruption efforts

Investigate Trump.

2 Likes