TPMDC Sunday Roundup | Talking Points Memo

Boehner: Repealing Birthright Citizenship ‘Worth Considering’ Appearing on Meet The Press, House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) said that the idea of repealing birthright citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants should be discussed. “Well, David, I’m not the expert on this issue. I have read the–these comments here over this past week. But I think that we do have–there is a problem. To provide an incentive for illegal immigrants to come here so that their children can be U.S. citizens does, in fact, draw more people to our country. I, I do think that it’s time for us to secure our borders and enforce the law, and allow this conversation about the 14th Amendment to continue,” said Boehner, also adding: “Listen, I think it’s worth considering. But it’s a serious problem that affects our country. And in certain parts of our country, clearly, our schools, our hospitals, are being overrun by illegal immigrants, a lot of whom came here just so their children could become U.S. citizens.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=122904