Top Three Georgia GOP Primaries Infected By Trump’s Big Lie To Watch Tuesday

Georgia will choose its Republican candidates for three major roles on Tuesday: governor, secretary of state and U.S. Senate.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1416010
1 Like

Firstly, I really hope mr football helmet doesnt win.

13 Likes

Trump infected primaries :joy::joy:

Good headlines, TPM

20 Likes

Secondly, if football helmet and mr chicken purdue are sent packing, it will somehow cut deep enough into the humongous ego of one orange tang POS Queen of mega Lard-O and it stops endorsing.
Fingers crossed of course.

15 Likes

Alternate headline.

tRump infects.

7 Likes

Anyone who votes for Herschel Walker just is not paying attention to a level that is dangerous or else is a card carrying member of the Nihilism party. He is unqualified to even be unqualified.

40 Likes

But there is one thing he is qualified to be–another rubber stamp for Moscow Mitch!

16 Likes

Walker increasingly seems to be about as bad as Trump himself. Some combination of self-deluded nutball and plain old grifter.

9 Likes

Whether it’s in Georgia, Pennsylvania or wherever, the Big Lie should have been seen as a toxic issue by now. It should have started on January 7, 2021. Democrats in Congress should have refused to cooperate in any way with the insurrectionists. Every one of them should have denounced the Big Lie every damn time they got in front of a microphone. Every damn time a republican said anything in Congress - about anything - the Democrats should have been screaming for them to clean their own house of traitors. NOTHING should have moved forward from that moment.
They failed to do it - and now we have republicans running on the idea that the election was stolen. Still promoting the Big Lie.
WTF were the Democrats waiting for? The DOJ? A special prosecutor? The Select Committee? I don’t understand why they didn’t beat republicans over the head with the Big Lie.
And republicans are STILL promoting the Big Lie.

16 Likes

Famous names get an outsized boost from uninformed voters, 'twas ever thus.

Dr. Oz should have been laughed off the stage, but he’s still in the running based on nothing more than being a celebrity. I don’t think Trump’s endorsement even mattered with that guy.

10 Likes

Best case scenario for Dems is that Kemp is forced into a run off. Trump will claim that as a win and have a reasonably decent message to send to GOP voters in GA that they should vote for his guy, Perdue, in the final round b/c Kemp will likely underperform Walker and may even underperform Abrams in terms of total votes cast in round 1 of the primary,

19 Likes

Latest from the PA Secretary of State’s count page

https://electionreturns.pa.gov

Mini-Me Oz 418,516
McCormick 417,437

Mini-Me lead now 1,079

10 Likes

AlsoBrewHouseBob: “Why do we keep talking about mass shooters and not asking why their victims didn’t stand up and do something? Why did they choose that day to go shopping or to school or a concert or club??? Why aren’t we talking about accountability for the victims, that they shouldn’t have looked like someone the shooter wanted to shoot, should have chosen different parents and been born white and rich???”

“We’re simply not going to change mass shootings in this nation unless we acknowledge the roles of these so-called victims in the process. No victims=no mass shooting.”

11 Likes

ETID? stupid discobot

4 Likes

What’s astounding to me is that he Big Lie wasn’t quickly discredited and left for dead when it first began — in 2015! Sadly, Rethugliklans and the MSM allowed it replicate and infect the body politic.

In all fairness, I can see why the Guardians Of Pandemics encouraged it: They know both how unpopular their lack of ideas/policies (tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts) are and how stupid/gullible the people are who would vote for them.

The MSM, however, did it simply for ratings (read: money).

Somewhere in hell Goebbels and Rosenthal are dancing an infernal polka.

9 Likes

My first of many travels in the next six weeks starts tomorrow morning with a trip to Jacksonville, FL. My previous trips there, I was told that J-ville is nothing more than south Georgia.

So I’ll be right in the thick of the outcome of these primaries and I honestly can’t wait to see who gets their a$$es handed to them.

10 Likes

What must not be forgotten about the Georgia Governor’s race is that Kemp, while not supporting the big lie, is still a prick of the first order. That is while did not try and help Trump steal Georgia overtly, he has done everything possible to keep Black people from voting. In all ways, Kemp is as terrible as any politician can be. In fact there are some real questions if in fact he really won the last election against Stacy Abrams.

20 Likes

A. Perdue, Hice and Walker.
Q. Name three kinds of toast.

10 Likes

We can only hope. Nice, over burnt toast. Cinder city.

6 Likes

“Hope” such a simple word, carrying our nation on it’s back…

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available