Top Senate Republican Roy Blunt Not Running For Reelection In 2022 | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO), a top Senate Republican, will not run for reelection when his term is up next year.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1363791
1 Like

GQP

44 Likes

He definitely wasn’t ever sharp.

14 Likes

Having fun yet, Mitch you Moscow Bitch?

28 Likes

He’ll be only 72 in 2022. Fake republican, or fake senator?

9 Likes

This fits right in with Graham’s enthusiasm for Trump leading the GOP.

I just KNEW that boy was smart!!!

15 Likes

The first of many. Minority Party members have little to sell. Get those fat cat lobbyist positions while they last…

10 Likes

the charges were dropped in May '18; also

8 Likes

He was quoted as saying, “Blanket obstructionism just isn’t as fun as it used to be. Blunt out.”

25 Likes

Blunt is a very good description of his capabilities and smarts.

4 Likes
22 Likes

On a serious note, I saw some writing about McConnell arranging for his replacement to be a Republican (should he leave office prematurely) even though the Guv is a Democrat.

I hope he cannot pull that off.

…and here, Invy (@inversion) beats me to the punch

24 Likes

They really don’t like doing the long, hard work of being in the minority do they?

I don’t remember Democrats retiring like little bitches when they’re in the minority.

21 Likes

Good news Monday!

6 Likes

“Thank you, Missourians, for the opportunity to work for you and a better future for our state and our country.”

That’s nice.

Too bad he never took the opportunity.

22 Likes

Scared Josh Hawley’s traitorous stink is going to rub off on him?

18 Likes

both state deals (excluding the Governor) have Republican majorities.

This is not a party behaving like they think they have any chance of taking back the Senate anytime soon. Isn’t this like the fifth or sixth retirement?

46 Likes

You beat me to it. The Rats are leaving the sinking Republican ship. It is important that the Democrats box the Republicans into the far right corner they have chosen to occupy. It is not the time for the Democratic Left, of which I am in agreement on much most of the time on policy proposals must not see this as an opportunity to pass major legislation.

When we have a broader majority we can move policy.

17 Likes

OT but… it’s cnn

Georgia Senate to vote on limiting voting access after high 2020 turnout

Nothing like democratic participation eh Georgia?

26 Likes