Today’s Jan. 6 Hearing: How Trump Egged On The Violent Mob, Including Extremists

The House Jan. 6 Committee kicks off its seventh public hearing today at 1:00 p.m. ET. Led by Reps. Stephanie Murphy (D-FL) and Jamie Raskin (D-MD), the session will focus on Trump and his allies’ ties to far-right extremists groups and how those relationships helped fuel the Capitol insurrection.


This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1423757
1 Like

One hour and 59 minutes until showtime!

23 Likes

No CroSS exAMinatON. No WitNEsses FOR trUMp for thIS absurd UNselect COmmitte fuLL of ExtraME partisAN liberaLS wHO aren’t VErY sMart ANd Tell LIEs.

33 Likes

I’ll be there in spirit! I’ll try to check in and see what’s up in between periods of pretending like I’m working. Ugh. The grind…

19 Likes

I took a PTO day for this hearing. The work will still be there waiting for me tomorrow!

32 Likes

Pre-reading for anyone who wants to know why the committee is focusing on the Dec 18th, 2020 meeting:

18 Likes

Trump didn’t need to do crazy caps for his cray cray :joy::wink:

2 Likes

Today is as good as any day to stroke out!
Trump Losing Every Single Sh*t Over Jan 6th Hearing Today | Crooks and Liars

By Conover Kennard — July 12, 2022

Former President Donald Trump is having a bizarre meltdown on his Truth Social site over the Jan. 6 hearing that is scheduled for today. And the twice-impeached one-term President should be worried as it looks like the panel is about to open another can of whoop-ass on Trump.

And right in the middle of Trump’s meltdown over the hearing, he congratulates Jack Nicklaus on being named a Citizen of St. Andrews in Scotland; then the former President goes back to ranting about the Capitol riot hearing.

We won’t have a country anymore:

Isn’t it INCREDIBLE that the people who Cheated, Rigged, and Stole the 2020 Presidential Election, for which there is massive and incontestable evidence and proof (and now even the Wisconsin Supreme Court just ruled that Ballot Boxes, which are impossible to control & easy to cheat with, are ILLEGAL!), are totally protected from harm (the FIX is in!), and the people that caught them cheating are being investigated. Someday soon this will change, or we won’t have a Country anymore!

Then he gives a shoutout to Jack Nicklaus, then launches back into his rant, claiming that the select committee was formed ‘solely for the purpose of bringing down my “numbers.”’ Sure, buddy. Go with that.

Can anyone even imagine the Unselect Committee, which was formed solely for the purpose of bringing down my “numbers,” or worse, relying on the Fake and made up stories, already largely debunked, of a female scam artist, Cassidy Hutchinson, who desperately wanted to go with the TrumpTeam to Florida long after Jan. 6, and went “crazy” when she was told no. They called her a “leaker” and worse, didn’t want her!

‘Political Hacks and Thugs’ is going to be my new band name:

Look at the people sitting on the Unselect Committee of Political Hacks and Thugs. Have you seen them before? Yes, they are essentially the same lunatics that drove the Country “crazy” with their lies and made up stories, like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of the others, who were caught in the act sooo many times, and now they’re just going with this HOAX, which is as true as me trying to strangle a Secret Service Agent from behind in, she said, "the Beast (I wasn’t even in the Beast)!

Something from the New York Times has upset him.

Wow! The Failing New York Times is really failing now: Down more than 40%, and heading lower. FAKE NEWS!

And it’s still early, you guys.

28 Likes

I hope he croaks.

Something from the New York Times has upset him.

No doubt it’s the new poll.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/us/politics/trump-approval-polling-2024.html

33 Likes

Mr. Trump, care to comment on your dodging taxes?

What can I say? I’m a very good businessman.

Sir, any comment on inciting a violent mob?

What can I say…?

12 Likes
31 Likes
32 Likes

In any world other than the one we have to endure these days, he’d just be an asshole. WTF happened to us?

16 Likes

My mother, who doesn’t really follow all this, saw a picture of Steve Bannon for the first time this morning. She didn’t know what to say.

26 Likes

Oh I love that. Kisses to your mother!

13 Likes

Thanks for the link.

[Powell] named a county in Georgia where she claimed she could prove that Dominion had illegally flipped the vote.

Except Trump had won the county.

30 Likes
47 Likes

That sure sounds like the threat of physical harm.

6 Likes

I think mainly Fox News and screeching talking heads happened. I mean, Tucker Carlson blamed women for the shooting in Highland Park. Women made him feel bad. Where else in the world are these kinds of lies and poison broadcast to millions?

14 Likes

I’m just enjoying reading tweets while waiting for the hearing to begin.

38 Likes