Tina Peters Loses GOP Primary For Colorado Secretary Of State

Tina Peters, the Trump-supporting county clerk facing multiple federal charges for allegedly compromising the security of her own election office, lost her bid to be Colorado’s next secretary of state Tuesday. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421986

Too bad, so sad. These small victories are helpful in keeping my mood stable.

36 Likes

What’s that? I can’t hear you over the fanfare being played by the 100 piece Schadenfreude Orchestra!

21 Likes

Someone should inform this idiot that “the Left” doesn’t take folks down in a Republican primary. Republicans do.

38 Likes

It’s a mystery to me that CO R voters think it’s maybe not a good idea to put an election criminal in charge of a state election.

14 Likes

“I’m sorry we had faith in the system once again.”

What a scam. Every time one loses, it is because the system is rigged. Then, if one lucks into winning, suddenly the system worked just fine! Heads I win, tails you lose.

The word puerile comes from the Latin for “juvenile” and for some reason whenever I hear DeSantis or one of the MAGA candidates talk, that word suddenly pops into my mind.

40 Likes

Though Peters was the favorite by far among hard core Republican voters who met at the party’s state convention in April, the broader GOP electorate apparently wasn’t willing to put a candidate accused of multiple election-office-related felonies in charge of running the state’s elections.

This is going to take some time to process for me. The “hard core” was "willing to put a candidate accused of multiple election-office-related felonies in charge of running the state’s elections."

30 Likes

Jejune also works.

10 Likes

Rudy’s boy lost too.

37 Likes

OT

Voter registration has exploded here in Sedgwick county, record numbers for a primary. In my little burg I see twice the “NO” signs (no change to the constitution to make abortion illegal) than “yes” signs. Kansas surprises me sometimes.

29 Likes
22 Likes
Since the breach, state judges have repeatedly granted Griswold’s request to prohibit Peters from administering elections in Mesa County

Sorry, who is Griswold? This seems to be the story’s first mention of the name.

2 Likes

“I wanna be Sekritary of State!!! And they won’t let me!! Waaaah!”

9 Likes
8 Likes

Jenna Griswold is the current CO Secretary of State, a Democrat.

22 Likes

Jena Griswold, Colorado Secretary of State.

6 Likes

It’s usually men (if you call something androgynous like Jered Kushner a man) who have punchable faces.

This Peters broad really has a punchable face.

3 Likes

Translation: I’m sorry I had faith in Democracy.

I mean that seriously. “The system” she’s referring to is Democracy.

23 Likes

I hope this represents what I’ve started saying needs to happen everywhere. If the Dems have failed to field a candidate at all, or if the Dem is unopposed in the primary, or if all the Dems are more-less equally good, or if the Dem nominee has a snowball’s chance of being elected, then liberals and moderates need to register as Republicans if necessary. Vote for the least repulsive, least racist, least rightist Republican who knows who won the 2020 election.

Even if the Democratic primary is worth voting in, consider how bad it is for the country when rightist, astroturf, Twitter trolls keep getting fed with primary election victories. Preventing that could well be more important than getting to express one’s exacting preference in the Democratic primary.

4 Likes

Edit: Mornin

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available