Tim Walz Loves Balloons

Originally published at: Tim Walz Loves Balloons - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Tim Walz has developed a reputation as a jolly man, one who appears to love life and family. He is also, we now know, a man who loves balloons. The final night of the DNC was capped by a speech from Vice President Kamala Harris and a celebratory balloon drop. The former teacher and high…

1 Like

The exuberance and joy on his face is priceless.

Obligatory cat pic!

17 Likes

The winning celebration will take the balloon drop to another level!

10 Likes

If you want to know what kind of politics Minnesota has, look at the guy we chose to head our government.

I think Paul Wellstone would be proud.

17 Likes

I’m convinced the politician pointing from the stage is just showmanship, so they have something to do with their hands. The same reason actors like cigarettes. It gives their hands something to do and creates a narrative the viewer can fill in any way they like.

“Tim Walz Loves Balloons.”

But not as much as JD Vance loves couches.

(And not in the same way, either.)

17 Likes

Kamala chose well–very well–in her running mate.

8 Likes

As great as Kelly and Shapiro are, their speeches showed why Walz was the best choice.

14 Likes

Let’s all hope he doesn’t wind up in the pockets of Big Helium!

I think we’d be able to tell though.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Tim Walz and his family are like a test for your humanity. If you don’t love them, the problem is with you.

19 Likes

That’s it. I’m inviting him over for Labor Day. I’ll even let him grill if he wants to, because he’s probably better at it than I am.

7 Likes

Kind of like a Turing test for robots/cyborgs/other replicants too.

2 Likes

And he’ll bring over his hot dish.

3 Likes

Trump loves balloons, too.

IMG_5325

6 Likes

Thanks for all of these. One of them really stands out far above all the rest for me, the one where Walz is surrounded by faces of color as well as balloons…

1 Like

Proof positive.

Age is a state of mind.

1 Like

I had no idea that TPM has a designer and event planner based in New York.

:balloon:

1 Like

It is also a way of connecting with the audience and recognizing those in the audience. More than showmanship.