Thursday’s Jan. 6 Committee Hearing Will Be Last Until July

He certainly deserves an Oscar for his performance.

1 Like

Yes, I am sure that you are right. Still, this sort of opinion represents a crack in the GOP facade. The most positive interpretation is that Republican office holders fear that the testimony may have some impact on rank-and-file supporters. And they want to preempt that possibility.

It is consistent with the idea that GQP wants Trump gone. He is too high-maintenance. They want Trumpism without Trump, and a more “competent” authoritarian to boot. Remember, Rusty Bowers compared Trump’s ham-handed methods to the movie “The gang that couldn’t shoot straight”.

10 Likes

No problem.

State Board of Pardons and Paroles.

There shall be a State Board of Pardons and Paroles which shall consist of five members appointed by the Governor , subject to confirmation by the Senate.

https://law.justia.com/constitution/georgia/conart4.html#:~:text=State%20Board%20of%20Pardons%20and%20Paroles.,to%20confirmation%20by%20the%20Senate.

4 Likes

In the words of somebody or other, “If it’s what you say, I love it. Especially later in summer.”

8 Likes

More on Rusty Bowers. I’m sure he’s gotten a tsunami of phone calls after yesterday’s testimony. So not surprising that he said he would vote for Trump again.

He is on the ballot again this fall. Arizona elects its House every two years.

https://ballotpedia.org/Russell_Bowers_recall,Arizona_House_of_Representatives(2021)

He’s already been the subject of recall attempts.

6 Likes

It’s gonna be a franchise and rival Fast and Furious. Nest Season:

J6 II: Tokyo Drift

2 Likes

I think his statement about voting for Trump again, helps establish him as guy who actually likes DJT and has no political axe to grind. I think it’s morally gross, but it’s useful to his testimony.

6 Likes

Ron DeSantis says “Reporting for duty!”

6 Likes

The scope, volume, and breadth of TFG’s criming represents a defensive mechanism of its own. I’ve used this analogy several times before (not that that’s gonna stop me), calling it a denial-of-service attack on the justice system. Specifically, it’s a resource-exhaustion attack. And more keeps on getting added to the pile.

9 Likes

Best long-form TV I’ve seen in literal years.

Stone & Flynn, Stone & Flynn, Stone & Flynn, Stone & Flynn.

1/6 Committee is gonna get 'em.

Maybe. Maybe also is simply (but profoundly) additional smoking-gun evidence–as you say, like that of the second British documentarian who was basically embedded with The Family–that reinforces the narrative they’ve already built.

I don’t know that they’ll get “called-back”, but they may find themselves sitting for very very uncomfortable “follow-up depositions”.

12 Likes

Is there anyone here who would go to the White House wearing jeans? It may sound petty, but to me it is just one more example of how little respect they have for the seat of government
…OR…it’s standard to dress like that when you are coup-planning, and getting the pipe bombs ready.

2 Likes

Which is why the Trumpers are busy flushing the records down the toilet so it will be impossible to track where the money has gone. Trump Co is not known for its detailed record keeping or following appropriate record disposal rules.

Thanks. I just felt a very big surge of nausea.

Of course there is the possibility that if trump is out of sight he may become out of mind too. He will never be like Saint Ronnie – the beloved old Aw-Shucks guy that did everything he could to ruin the middle class. If he is out of the way he will truly be out of power and cannot make or break the repubs seeking office. Besides, he is so profoundly out of shape that he can’t last much longer. I do hope he lasts long enough to lose in court and go to jail. After that I don’t really care.

Oh, I think Governor Abrams has other ideas~. Come on! Try to be hopeful - maybe even pony up!

5 Likes

Why not? I’ve briefed Generals while in jeans before. Albeit not in planned meetings. Real leaders care about what’s in your head that they need advice on, not what you may be wearing.

Only the most superficial people think that a jacket and tie makes someone credible.

1 Like

Raffensperger showed the 2020 Georgia numbers… 33,000 voters skipped the top line on the ballot yet voted for repubs down ballot… His numbers didn’t lie. He did not sound like he was moralizing…

4 Likes

You are giving him WAY too much credit. He is a died-in-the-wool uber conservative and adores the trump tax cuts. Did you hear him say that our Constitution is “divinely inspired?” He is just one more of the hypocritical christianizes that want nothing more than to count and re-count the money he worships. Also, He knew he would be found out if he joined in the criming of the election.

3 Likes

DOJ reportedly ramping up on the fake electors scheme.

10 Likes

You’re right. I don’t follow all the twists and turns of GQP idiocy in Arizona. Still, the guy’s now in serious physical danger from Trumpist thugs, and so is his family.

Credibility is not my point. Neither was a jacket or tie. She looked like a slob and that is what she has brought to her government office.

…Yes they are in danger. That is because trump is a thug that he will vote for again. He is a trump enabler even if the did speak out this once.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available