Thursday’s Jan. 6 Committee Hearing Will Be Last Until July

The Freagle?

3 Likes

Sure, that was how voters felt about Trump, but I was talking about Raffensperger, who as a career Republican office holder is likely to vote for whoever is at the top of the R ticket for President, even if he’s not supporting Trump in the primary. The GOP party agenda doesn’t advance with a Democrat in the White House.

Yup. Now that you’ve said that you might want to sign up for a witness protection program.

Please let them ask senator ronjon how before january 6th he came into posession of a copy of some states’ purported electoral vote statement. He will try to talk his way through it, and… you know the rest.

3 Likes

Yeah I still don’t trust the Committee. They’re probably trying to figure out how to kill hearings altogether. It’s a lame explanation. We’ll see.

I’m sure James Madison or his ghost will have something to say about that:

The LOC.GOV Wise Guide : Who’s the Father of the Constitution?

Although Madison was raised Episcopalian and attended St. John’s Episcopal Church while he served as President of the United States, there is not much evidence leading to his personal religious beliefs. In fact, scholars tend to disagree about Madison’s religion based on their own religious beliefs.

Religion and the Founding of the United States » James Madison (smu.edu)

2 Likes

Oh, come on… it’s a non-story… RoJo says so.

It is part of Mormon civil religion that the Consitution is inspired by “Heavenly Father.” A man named Skousen who clerked for the FBI back in the 50’s declared it so. Add that to the LDS belief that America is the new Zion over which Mormon men are destined to rule. So, while I respect Bowers for his appearance before the Committee, I am less enthralled with the theocracy underlying his remarks. Half of my family are LDS folk; when they sing " This land is my land," they mean it.

5 Likes

He’s been working on it. “Trumpier Than Trumpf!” will be the campaign theme.

1 Like

Low profiles so far.
Apparently Flynn Flam was in the Oval on Jan. 5, no doubt last-minute strategizing and game planning. Great military mind, and all that.
I wonder just what their cell phone meta data shows?

4 Likes

“Every new & successful example therefore of a perfect separation between ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance. And I have no doubt that every new example, will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt. will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”

from James Madison to Edward Livingston 10 July 1822.

3 Likes

Ah, so he fails the Purity Test. I am sure Bowers has a sad about that.

You shouldn’t: the fix is in, and the Democrats are just putting on a piece of Kabuki theatre before ushering in the fascists.

Fascism is the only way this ends, so why are you even bothering to follow the presentations? Why do any of us? We should be preparing ourselves for the moment that the jackbooted thugs kick in our doors and haul us off to the FEMA camps.

What are your plans, by the way? Stockpiling guns and ammos? Constructing a compound in the woods? Joining a Leftist militia? Or are you planning on going stealth–you know, stripping your home of anything that might betray your political leanings when the aforementioned jackbooted thugs come to investigate you? Oh, wait: are you one of those “run screaming down the street in order to die in a hail of bullets” guys? Because that would be much easier, wouldn’t it?

I guess you should have founded that Sparkle Pony Party while you still had the chance, right?

2 Likes

Don’t look now but the glow lamp needs some serious polishing.

1 Like

Cilantro, avocados and dildos are not very likely to be successful in the coming civil war.

But like rumsfeld said, you go to get your tofu-frappucino-mocha-latte-with-soy-milk with the army you have, not the one you might like to have.

1 Like

Merrick Garland is a weisel.

You say the same thing over and over.

1 Like

Glowgirl is an expert in drivel.

1 Like

Nah.

He’s supposed to be Elliot Ness (as played by Kevin Costner) going out and rounding up the bad guys. And to the extent that he deviates from that expectation, he’s obviously a pusillanimous failure who is just letting the miscreants slide because he’s too askeered of the political ramifistations (h/t Molly Ivins).

1 Like

As they say in the old country, “Das ist der old Ballgame.”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available