This Treasury Official Is Running the Bailout. It’s Been Great for His Family. | Talking Points Memo

This story first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1313968
2 Likes

Perhaps, in lieu of a trial, he can volunteer for the Police Push Old People Over test program.

4 Likes

No conflict of interest here, nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Just one more Trump crook!

3 Likes

Yawn. So many stories about this administration have been variations on this theme: Officials use their positions to benefit their fortunes or those of family and friends.
Who can be surprised when he who occupies the White House has used his position to line his pockets any way he can. It’s sort of a rite of passage - 1) join the administration; 2) have your first corrupt act be exposed; 3) keep on serving because there is no accountability.

4 Likes

And the grift goes on…and on…and on…

3 Likes

Don’t choke on that popcorn you’re munchin’
But a conservative crony of Mnunchin -
No not Kucinish -
It’s Justin Muzinich
Who’s about due for a good heavy punchin’.

5 Likes

Jesus, life is so damn easy if you’re really rich.

3 Likes

Another grifter in the Trump Administration? Say it isn’t so!

1 Like

Yes. But do Democrats plan on sending anyone to jail? That’s the article in which I am interested. If not, there’s no point wasting words on any more or this. This is nothing new.

2 Likes

Yo! NYPD! I found one of the looters over here, yeah, he is either at his apt on Park Ave. or in the Hamptons. Yeah, when you go to arrest him, give him a blast of pepper spray in the face and a few jolts with your tasers, then beat him senseless for resisting, maybe a knee to the neck.

8 Likes

Another great article from proPublica.

I’m really enjoying reading their work here. I think they make a much better ‘wire service’ to supplement the original reporting than AP

10 Likes

Okay, now he is in hiding?

I agree.

I criticize the “newswriting” here on TPM, which basically consists of following Twitter and thus giving Trump precedence on any actual issue. And I think I am correct for offering up the criticism (REVEAL: Josh has never listened to a single thing I have said, pro or con, either here or on Twitter. I am pretty sure Josh put me on ignore years ago on Twitter).

The addition of ProPublica has been a worthy increase in actual coverage and back to spirit of the “muckracker” concept Josh initially championed.

3 Likes

They truly don’t care if they get caught…they believe between Barr and Donnie they’ll get off scott free and laugh all the way to the bank.

2 Likes

Mother. F. Fucker.

AP is okay for breaking news even though their headline writers slant right but propublica is tops for research and long form. Glad to see them repeated here too.

1 Like

If someone were caught being ethical in the trump crew they would more than likely be fired. Quickly and bigly.
Hugely in fact
Being truthful is a reason for getting tossed under the nearest bus.
But lying, grifting, stealing, abusing innocent children by putting them in wire cages, gassing peaceful protesters in a churchyard so the “boss can wave a bible” are all considered “normal”. And the “boss” approves of it all. There is no limit of shame in trumpland. It’s sickening.

3 Likes

It’s one thing to imagine American kleptocracy, and quite another to see it in action. Joe Cassano must be in awe.

He’s just “workin’ hard to put food on the family”…

why work for the people when I can get paid quicker and get much more money by just stealing it.