‘This Isn’t A Game’: Michelle Obama Calls Out Trump For Impeding Biden’s Formal Transition | Talking Points Memo

I would bet you like that picture because of your screen name. It’s reminiscent of the scene in the movie where the four protagonists are walking down the hall to see the wizard.

1 Like

Thanks but not really. What I was aiming at was a hope that Michelle’s punches landed on at least one of them, ok? I know he is incapable of feeling embarrassed by something she says but I know Melania is capable of being embarrassed and I just wanted Michelle to land a punch somewhere on them. That’s really what that was all about.

2 Likes

But that’s only 0.079% of his $10 billion net worth, one week at a 4.1% annual rate of return.

I don’t know about that. Anybody who keeps asking if the motherfucker has resigned yet has a pretty strong counterpoint. :angel:

image

2 Likes

Always have been, always will be for a very long time. Many were the nights in the 1920’s when my old man slept in his office above the First National Bank because the Ku Klux Klan was marching in the streets of our Industrial Midwest city. They wear red MAGA hats now, and bring their women, children and cell phones along, but they’re still the same mob.

8 Likes

Yeah they’ve just been encouraged and released from all restraint by Trump and his GOP.

2 Likes

“the right thing to do — because our democracy is so much bigger than anybody’s ego …”

… except, of course, President-reject Trump’s.

2 Likes

our democracy is so much bigger than anybody’s ego

Not Trump’s. Democracy is not even in the same league with Trump’s ego.

1 Like

Wow. Michelle Obama .

I was having trouble thinking who might be the person least likely to influence a decision Donald Trump was making but now I think I have a candidate.

This is real life for Trump.
He has been exposed to the world and most will not fear him if he is not President.
He does not care who dies, who he destroys or what ever it takes to stay on top.
This destruction he has planned is on McConnell, all the Republicans in our Congress and all the wealthy donors who have become more wealthy.

2 Likes

The next email from the Trump campaign:

The deep state in Wisconsin is going to charge us millions of dollars to do a proper count of the votes in the state!!! It’s just more of the usual coverup by them to steal the election from us!!! A fair recount would be done for free, so we know they are already planning to cheat! We can’t let them get away with this!!! Send a donation now to the Wisconsin True-recount Fund, it will be matched 500%!!! Send your money to WTF now!!!

As for Melania’s feelings…sure, she seems to understand the basics of decorum better than Trump, and she seems like she’s not as evil and trying to protect her son. But, she married Trump with her eyes open, she’s going along with the things that are happening, including saying the same vile stuff on the campaign trail, so she doesn’t get a pass for being decent sometimes.

It’s really frustrating how awful Republicans are being right now, and for the past four years…I don’t understand how they think that it’s correct behavior, if I ever acted like that my mom would have kicked my ass into orbit. The lack of shame is astounding, and I’m not sure what can be done about it.

4 Likes

I think there was a second gal on that sofa in Satre’s hell. I nominate Kelly Ann.

If anything, Michelle is smoother than President Obama at shaming. Mothers just are.
I love and respect Mrs. O. She is a towering figure in the moral history of our nation. I truly believe that.
That said, I don’t believe Trump will heed a word she says. He can’t be shamed and he believes to his core that the Obamas are beneath him. His loss. Ours as well.

3 Likes

RepubliCONs are immune to shame. If they felt it, true shame, they wouldn’t be CONservatives.

Michelle is one of the most loved and respected people on the planet. Guns don’t get much bigger. As for Melania, well, I’d err on the side of giving her too little credit. Odds are better that way. :grin:

1 Like

has not signed the letter of “ascertainment,” which would allow Biden’s transition team to contact federal agencies or access the millions of dollars set aside for it.

Is anyone really sure that this money was not spent on MAGA hats, and Trump flags?

2 Likes

…by running a “respectful, seamless transition of power.”

I’d guess a snowball’s chance in hell of that happening with either Trump.

To say Michelle Obama is a lady falls short of describing her as a person.

1 Like

the fact that she is still standing beside him, says all you need to know about her…‘i really don’t care, do you?’ is her motto

Yep. That’s exactly it!!!

1 Like