The White House Asked Manufacturers for Help, Then Gave Them No Clear Instructions | Talking Points Memo

This is one of the most damning admissions I’ve heard, anywhere, ever. Absolutely criminal negligence with these fools.

18 Likes

Trump is a chaotic micromanager and relies on his gut rather than evidence and facts. He put Pence in charge but will not allow Pence to do the job. Trump and those closest to him -Jared, Ivanka, Hope Hicks-need to get out of the way -now. The media outlets should stop covering these pseudo-rallies.

14 Likes

It was a small thing but that jumped out at me too. It’s highly indicative of the lack of planning and coordination – one doesn’t initiate the complex defence production act with the same tool we use to poll people in our office on where to hold the annual Christmas party.

20 Likes

Trump polls about ten people working for Fox News in the course doing anything. Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Pirro, Steve Doocy, Brian Kilmeade, Lou Dobbs, Walid Phares, Pete Hegseth, Maria Bartiromo et al are the actual Cabinet in this administration.

9 Likes

Rachel, along with many others, is endorsing that. Remove the oxygen and the orange blaze will go out. I don’t want Pense to be involved in anything. Something he said yesterday is still stuck in my craw today (it’s always the little things that grind away in my own feeble brain): he was talking about the health care community “ministering” to the sick. Eff him and his phony spirituality.

14 Likes

He’s getting a lot of help from his so-called inexperienced and ideological “advisors,” including the opportunistic twit who married his daughter.

6 Likes

Apparently, Jared told Trump that the virus issue was just about bad public relations.
Trump, of course, believed him.

8 Likes

23,390 quarters have been plucked from behind Trump’s ears.

9 Likes

I was thinking this morning that all those attacks heaped on the dems for “hyping” the crisis have disappeared.

The dems were right. Republicans were wrong. Deadly wrong.

8 Likes

One thing that strikes you is this administration so consistently strives to be able to say they’ve done things that it seems like a deliberate tactic. You don’t do things, you make it possible to vaguely claim you’ve done things, because you’re chaotic and lazy and getting actual results is difficult. So they call on other people to do things, and the people depending on who they are sometimes say sure, whatever we can do, maybe. Then you got out the next day and say you’ve done things, rinse and repeat. It’s all they have done, is make vague claims and report on what others have done as if they did it themselves.

18 Likes

Instead, he was told the group should collect an inventory of available equipment from members, including masks, booties and protective suits, and share it with the administration.

“It isn’t clear to us, yet, how they intend to use this information, but obviously we are happy to collect the info and share it,” Turmail said.

HHS spokesperson: “No, you fool! We don’t want you to share the accounting of the inventory with us. We want you to share the actual physical inventory with us. Our priority continues to be to protect the administration, first.”

7 Likes

Best prescription for what ails us all.

3 Likes

They always are.
History proves it.

7 Likes

FIFY! :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, and when this has passed Trump is going to gloat, until his vocal chords are raw, that a)-he told us it was going to eventually be over (brilliant prediction!!), and b)-it’s over because of his sheer genius, hard work, and organizational skills.

And millions will swallow it hook, line and sinker.

5 Likes

From the cited article:

Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker told Trump during a video conference on Thursday that his state three times lost out to the federal government on purchases of critical supplies…

The federal govenrment faced a similar problem when they, in turn, were outbid by the Trump and Kushner Corporations.

6 Likes

Does he ever arrive at a mean?

2 Likes

They’ll swallow anything issuing from Chiselin’ Trump.

2 Likes

Fucking Kushner wetting his beak on vital supplies. Fucking firing squad now.

ETA and yes I’m aware I sound like Henrietta Cat using the F-bomb drunk at home.

12 Likes

I would call that the doings of a Lazy Kakistocracy.

4 Likes