The Unholy Alliance Of Donald Trump And Elon Musk

Still people dying at a clip of 52k a year. I don’t openly root for pain and misery, but I hope the proportionality on this is really one-sided…and I hope it works in the favor of decent folks when numbers really matter in Nov.

3 Likes

This arrest should put him over the hump with R voters. He better revive his campaign machine QUICK because you can’t be held responsible for your crimes if you are running for Republican office.

6 Likes

You’ll never see that summary on any news channel, let alone Faux. Doesn’t match up with the narrative.

3 Likes

This is what Republicans have to say. We have seen 99.9% of them can’t bring themselves to say it when they are in office, and don’t even criticize after they slink away. I would prefer they endorse the Dems, realizing it is a two-party system and equivocating isn’t the answer. But at least denouncing the Rs, thoroughly and with real patriotism is needed. Our country is full of morons. We should have seen 40 million of them pull their heads out of their asses 5 years ago but instead we have about 20 total. Way to go, Real 'Muricans.

6 Likes

Tapp out?
Once again, nominative determinism rules!

I live in the real world, too. Your problem is you think rainbows come from farts. You are wrong. I have found many real rainbows. Sorry about your luck.

2 Likes

Wow. Katie, you only needed to avoid a couple of words there. You could have said all the rest.

Excerpt:

After being defeated by Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) in a race to replace the late Sen. Diane Feinstein’s seat, Porter issued a statement claiming that she was the victim of a “rigged” election.

“Thank you to everyone who supported our campaign and voted to shake up the status quo in Washington,” her tweet reads. “Because of you, we had the establishment running scared — withstanding 3 to 1 in TV spending and an onslaught of billionaires spending millions to rig this election.”

She added: “Special interests like politics as it is today because they control the politicians. As we’ve seen in this campaign, they spend millions to defeat someone who will dilute their influence and disrupt the status quo. But take my word for it: I’ll never stop fighting for you.”

Many observers noted that Porter’s claims of a rigged election rang hollow given that she failed to win even one county in the Golden State.

“She lost by 20 points, but is saying the election is rigged because she was out spent,” commented CNN’s Andy Kaczynski.

Others agreed.

Anti-Trump lawyer George Conway responded: “yeah not good.”

“Once again proving Dem’s can’t wait to cry “RIGGED” when it benefits them,” @AlwaysKnocking argued.

Attorney @JDaveCA claimed that Schiff’s strategy to take on Garvey directly made Porter less relevant.

“Schiff wanted Garvey in the general and worked hard (and spent a lot) to raise Garvey’s profile so Porter wouldn’t finish second,” he wrote. “Not exactly rigging an election, and Garvey might have gotten second anyway, but I can see why she would be miffed by the strategy.”

4 Likes

Objectively, the entire universe is a “free lunch”.

2 Likes

This needs to be repeated:

1 Like

I’m better off having been vaxxed 6 times.

3 Likes

How true. Many have driver’s licenses and zoom around in 5000 pound vehicles without the first thought to the physics of motion they are subject to.

4 Likes

That took me a minute, but thanks for the laugh!

Hilarious!

March 6th 2020 I had just come back from Dad’s funeral in Phoenix. I remember at the time hearing about “the virus”, but I don’t think at the time there was much reporting on rates of infection, only hospitalizations.
My problem with Trump and his administration’s COVID response was that Donnie was/is still an unconcerned A-Hole. What pissed him off the most was that he couldn’t go out and campaign, which is his attention addiction. And quite frankly Donnie isn’t very convincing when I tries eek out a sliver of empathy for anyone other than him.

Maybe add the number of hospitalizations in Mar 2020 vs Mar 2024 for COVID?

3 Likes

I’m sure that’s part of the explanation. Another may be, at least in Warren’s case, that in TV interviews and the like (and in Hillary’s, too, though she seems to me to have learned to appear relaxed when interviewed), given the small amount of time she has to respond, she has so much to say, based on so much information and keen analysis, that even when she’s honed a response, she sounds nervously rushed. Like other politicians being interviewed, she knows how to reframe a question she’s been asked – “Here’s the thing” and “Look,…” are among the openers that mark a reframing – but even so, her mind may be dizzy with all that lies behind the prepared response she’s giving. It’s also true that, when I’ve seen her give presentations, the audiences were enthusiastically friendly, and she was giving prepared speeches/mini-lectures so was in full control.

1 Like

Yes but James Ellroy is a novelist. Another good take on the Reagan era is On bended knee which outlines how the media kowtowed to Reagan.

https://www.abebooks.com/9780374251970/Bended-Knee-Press-Reagan-Presidency-0374251975/plp

3 Likes

And yesterday the web was full of people who thought Biden was messing with the interest rate instead of the late fee. Can anybody in this country read? comprehend?

1 Like

I think the Pentagon and other agencies were making up shit to “brief” the Orange Moron with while he was President. I reckon they will do the same as that for his “candidacy”.

2 Likes

A beautiful walk, spoiled by a small white ball. Simply lovely.

1 Like

Speaking of unholy alliances, I heard some speculation that Chubb laundered Putin money for trump’s debt to the woman he raped and for other judgements. Seems like the money came through Switzerland.

True? Dunno.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available