The Trump Administration Paid Millions for Test Tubes — and Got Unusable Mini Soda Bottles | Talking Points Memo

I don’t know…I’m kind of partial to pay-per-view guillotine action on the national mall. It’d be a good boost for the economy, and would save a lot on prison costs going forward.

2 Likes

You could make keychains out of them I bet, so it’s not a total loss.

2 Likes

Even if the bottles were the right size, experts say, the company’s process likely contaminated the tubes and could yield false test results. Fillakit employees, some not wearing masks, gathered the miniature soda bottles with snow shovels and dumped them into plastic bins before squirting saline into them, all in the open air, according to former employees and ProPublica’s observation of the company’s operations.
… … … …
trump’s impression of how to do science

5 Likes

One important fact is omitted here. How much did Fillakit’s CEO contribute to the Trump campaign?

9 Likes

FEMA has the power to claw back money paid to contractors, remove them from the government’s list of approved vendors or refer them to the agency’s inspector general.

Go ahead - remove them from the government’s list of approved vendors. Fillakit will simply declare bankruptcy, Wexler open up another scam company under a new name and get back in line.

Most corrupt administration ever!

6 Likes

Well, they filled the wrong kind of far cheaper tubes that weren’t sterile with the wrong kind of solution that wasn’t sterile. It was a lot of work.

3 Likes

All the same problems again and again. Don’t depend on expertise and experience. Assume no job is hard and anybody can do most of them. Direct this kind of stuff from the highest levels. Assume “disruptors” are a good thing, by definition, because existing people, processes, companies, etc are inefficient, evil, whatever, also by definition. Team Dunning Kruger.

And how many doses of hydroxychloroquine does the federal government now own that will go out of date before they find any use? At what cost?

5 Likes

Photo taken at Fillakit:

Ivanka

4 Likes

In this case, instead of a delicate, magical display, there’s be an ever-growing pile of dead birds as thousands collided and tumbled to the ground below.

Really strange these contracts when I could get 300+ sterile bottles by having my admin call a supplier in late March. Did FEMA even try the usual scientific supply houses?

4 Likes

Why do this? Just call Fisher Scientific or other lab supply company and buy the shit right. If you need shit load of tubes just give Fisher the specs and intended usage and they’ll get them there fast.

Laboratory vials used for analytical or biological purposes are produced in a sterile vacuum. They come in many sizes and materials. Ordering lab glassware is a like ordering a car part. You don’t order an intake manifold. You order and intake manifold for a dual carb 1968 350 CI Chevy block. Specifications are very tight on that stuff. The vials must fit special purpose centrifuges or rack up with specific dilution and pipetting equipment.

Does anyone know WTF they’re doing here? Send the fucking soda bottles back and cancel the check.

3 Likes

Javanka could always fill the soda bottles with disinfectant and serve them at the Tulsa revival meeting for the GOP’s Second Coming of God this weekend.

2 Likes

None of the vials will be used until we’ve identified what’s in them and that they are safe for use.

They’re going to test the vials. That’s the problem!

If they didn’t test them, they wouldn’t be unsafe.

[From “The Wisdom of the Donald” – currently in press]

6 Likes

Would be interesting to know but without any investigation we all know it will be FUBAR.

Wellllllll it is not fraud if we find a use for the product. Bet that is the thinking.

Bankruptcy Friday at 4:55 PM, back in business Monday morning at 8:00. Same storage shed office, same office employees, new peon worker bees.

2 Likes

What gets me about the photo is that she is all decked out in designer clean-room gear but (1) no hairnet and (2) no face shield, kind of defeats all the gear.

4 Likes

Exactly. It’s not just that this fraud got a contract, but that by doing so some other legitimate enterprise didn’t. We don’t get the testing supplies, and they don’t get the business.

4 Likes

The Soviet communistic corruption has nothing on U.S.-perfected capitalism, which literally cannot survive withOUT corruption.

A funeral pyre of Covidiots.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available