The Skyscraper-Sized Tsunami That Vibrated Through The Entire Planet And No One Saw

Originally published at: The Skyscraper-Sized Tsunami That Vibrated Through The Entire Planet And No One Saw - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This article is part of TPM Cafe, TPM’s home for opinion and news analysis. It was originally published at The Conversation. Earthquake scientists detected an unusual signal on monitoring stations used to detect seismic activity during September 2023. We saw it on sensors everywhere, from the Arctic to Antarctica. We were baffled — the signal was unlike…

1 Like

Fascinating in geological and sheer physical terms. And horrifying in its implications.

19 Likes

I didn’t have mega tsunamis on my climate change bingo card.

14 Likes

Astounding. A complete and understandable description of a complex and frightening phenomena. I do hope Alaska is checking its tsunami sensors regularly.

12 Likes

That’s some fjord.

2 Likes

There’s a fjord in your future.

6 Likes

I wonder what would happen if there were a similar landslide in the Russian Arctic.

1 Like

Global warming is a Chinese hoax. I have it on good authority.
The best authority. Really, really good authority.

2 Likes

Fascinating!
That was time well spent reading and viewing.

5 Likes

Holy rocks on the rocks. A giant Greenland Martini. Shaken, not stirred.

What I don’t get is how this is the first I have heard of it. With Putin threatening to use Nukes, with massive and constant explosions and resulting horrific waste of life, farmland, urban developments, and livestock through out Ukraine, (tanks, Vlad) I would suspect that east and west military forces would search for and detect this kind of unique event. And, still, I neither read, nor heard anythin(k).

Now, if I recall those scary B&W movies from my yute, should we now expect Godzilla to appear?

Can we arrange one in the Kremlin?

Seismic events are in your future as massive amounts of ice melt into water and abruptly start shifting.

Water has gravity.