What should happen is for the Democrats to make an example of Tom Cotton: By majority vote, disallow him from voting on procedural matters, including objecting to unanimous consent - that’s just a procedural vote where one vote is enough to carry the motion.
I know I’ve beaten the word to death, but it’s political nihilism. I’ve been saying this almost since the day rump took office. Don’t matter if anything works – the post ofc, federal agencies, departments, the IRS, the DOJ, the state dept, etc, etc . Recall early on with the rumpians when they wanted to open public lands to the fossil fuel people?
No effort to make govn’t function beyond what’s necessary to maintain power. It’s going to take some work to get things back to some state of normalcy. We have come so damned close it scares the shit out of me every time I think of it. Next time we may have someone smarter than rump. Then we’re in real trouble.
That’s what I just said.
I wish Senator Cotton would use his Harvard education for the betterment of the American people.
Instead, he would rather be a wart in the asshole of Progress.
Sad.
Didn’t Trump appoint his chosen nominees into “acting” positions in order to skirt the senate nomination process? Can Biden do that?
Can Biden skirt the senate confirmation process by appointing his chosen nominees into acting positions?