The RNC Is Suing Gretchen Whitmer To Make The Swing State’s Election System Seem Sketch

Originally published at: The RNC Is Suing Gretchen Whitmer To Make The Swing State’s Election System Seem Sketch - TPM – Talking Points Memo

The Republican National Committee and Donald Trump’s campaign have filed a lawsuit in federal court against Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson over their efforts to make voter registration more accessible. The lawsuit, which claims that Whitmer’s designation of certain government offices as voter registration sites, has overstepped her authority and…

2 Likes

Well of COURSE they are.

13 Likes

They can’t win fairly, so they cheat. #voteblue

22 Likes

This seems to be the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit. Of course with the blatant corruption of the six christomullahs on our highest court the rnc doubtless figures what the hell, lets do it.

18 Likes

Support impoverished lawyers.
Donate to the Republican Party.

Trump’s campaign have filed a lawsuit

…contending the more people who vote, the more fraud you’re going to have because, you know… people. You know how they are.

Not truthful, like Republican politicians.

9 Likes

The gutless wonders are going after Gov. Whitmer as they commence their campaign to take her down. She scares them and we can expect her to be in their crosshairs, yes, I said crosshairs, from now until infinity. She would be a good president and they know it and they fear it.

12 Likes

Voter Suppression, We Hardly Knew Ye!

6 Likes

And, would anyone be surprised had the opening paragraph included,
The Republican National Committee and Donald Trump’s campaign have filed a lawsuit in federal court against Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson in Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk’s district in Texas over their efforts to make voter registration more accessible.

16 Likes

I’d like to buy a “Y.”

I must have missed the memo making “sketch” an adjective.

If there isn’t enough room in the headline frame, this would work: “RNC Sues Gretchen Whitmer to Make Michigan Election System Seem Sketchy.”

Sign me,
“Just an Old Copy Editor”

14 Likes

This is hilarious. Most MAGAs will fall for the claims of fraud and be more apt to stay home. Most Democrats will see through it

Further just which party do they think the folks recruited at the sites they are trying to shut down are apt to choose? ’ Making it easier for veterans and small business owners in Michigan to register to vote should not be controversial.”

7 Likes

Rather than say the lawsuit is sketchy, I’d say it is evil, frivolous, and downright Un-American. Republicans don’t want Veterans to vote in MIchigan.

14 Likes

Ear photo. The ear appears largely intact.
Trumps ear

11 Likes

That would surprise me, since it doesn’t make any sense to sue Michigan elected officials in Texas.

I think there’s enough legally unfounded claims in this lawsuit that we don’t also need to fantasize about MAGA attorneys begin too stupid to file their baseless lawsuit in the correct location.

5 Likes

DUH, of course, we are all well aware that the best place to put voter registrations is in Federalist Society offices.

8 Likes

How does one get into the comments for todays MM?

6 Likes

Poisoned fruit of the tree of unlimited money in politics.

3 Likes

Click on the first article below the comments. Joe Biden’s Grip on Renomination. That should get you there.

4 Likes

Thanks.
Note: @leftcoaster , I’m on a Mac with Chrome and do not have articles listed below ‘Comments.’

Same here.

Is something wrong with the mourning memo? I can’t get into the comments. Thx

2 Likes