The Other Billionaires Who Have Treated Clarence Thomas

This article first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1465771
1 Like

The evidence of Thomas’ serious misconduct continues to mount … what more does it take for Dick Durbin to initiate a formal investigation by the Senate Judiciary Committee?

20 Likes

Just where in the 21 years of Clarence being on the SC is the reciprocity in all these friendships?

12 Likes

I need to hear a steady drumbeat to remove this corrupt SOB from the bench from all levels of government and I’m not hearing it. It’s as if we’re just going to accept that all Republicans are corrupt and not do a damn thing about it. It’s just baked into the system.

15 Likes

Well, he did extend a lot of invitations to jump into the RV for a tour of Walmart parking lots, but they were always all too busy… :smirk:

15 Likes

Speaking of Clarence and Ginni’s infamous RV where is it now?

7 Likes

"and sent their private jets to fetch him" What person with even a modicum of self respect would want to be referred to this way?

9 Likes

You know you are a billionaire when they share the Justice Registry link with you.

5 Likes

Some people are sayin’ it would make a nice mobile SCIF for TFG’s defense team, or so I hear…

11 Likes

“It’s good to be the King”

• Mel Brooks

Remember, it was H. W. Bush who in a fatal act of revenge for the defeat of Robert Bork imposed this bitter apparatchik on the country.

19 Likes

It hardly matters. It would take a majority of the House to impeach Justice Thomas, and the Speaker would have to be willing to even entertain such a vote. (Spoiler: That ain’t gonna happen.) And, it would require 67 votes in the Senate to remove Justice Thomas from the bench. (Spoiler: That ain’t happenin’, either.)

Perhaps enough pressure could be brought that he’d resign in embarrassment, but, there’s this thing about trying to shame the shameless… it’s not possible to do.

24 Likes

Anita Hill was right over 31 years ago!

14 Likes

Now I’m coming to understand why Thomas kept his mouth shut all those years. He was afraid he’d let slip something that would incriminate him. Seriously though, his colleagues didn’t have any inkling this shit was going on? Really?!

12 Likes

Check your math, Thomas assumed office on October 23, 1991. We can’t discount the stain of his tenure!

4 Likes

Why Do All These Billionaires Keep Sucking My Cock?

21 Likes

Because Clarence is more fun than Sam or Tony?

1 Like

No wonder Clarence was always silent when in session. He was jet lagged and hung over.

18 Likes

We going to need more soccer players to clean up this mess.

17 Likes

What a way to live. Clarence and the missus are profoundly weird and repellent little people. In the history books, they’ll be a bit of a set piece.

15 Likes

It’s such a preposterous request that it left observers sputtering and confused. Can a judge even do that? Would U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon dare grant such a request? Is there any precedent for such a thing (short answer: no).

There’s an information security officer (can’t locate the reference) assigned under CIPA to manage the handling of national defence information in this case. Does he (legitimately) have something to say about how this is managed. Starting with ‘No, you don’t get a SCIF’?

Supplementary observation. Since presidents don’t need to pass a security clearance process, presumably former presidents don’t either. DOJ might want to mention that Trump was denied continuing security briefings, a courtesy normally extended to former presidents, shortly after Biden’s inauguration.

6 Likes