The Oath Keepers Convictions Is Just A Taste Of What’s To Come

I do NOT trust these jokers to do this task without shenanigans. Is someone going to be supervising them? This seems like a bad idea, and just further punishment to the voters who deserve to have these losers leave them alone.

In a different world, this sentence would make sense. Not in this one, unfortunately. These guys are not going to “learn from the experience”.

38 Likes

I first read it as “pelvic confusion” and thought “well we can’t be having any of THAT in Qatar.”

34 Likes

Ted Cruz’s charisma and the voice of a cartoon character that other characters throw out of an airplane every episode.

42 Likes

I don’t understand why this is the get that Republicans want to get? The Boomers are dying off, and COVID has taken aim at seniors, even the vaccinated and boosted seniors.
The next age cohorts are smaller, and by the time they’ve reached 70 they will have just paid off their student loans. They too will need SS.

31 Likes

Think the Dobbs backlash was fierce?
Try cutting what every working person is entitled to.

It’s our fecking money!

56 Likes

While McConnell’s comments are fun, they mask the damage that man has done to the country. We’ve basically lost our supreme judicial body to partisan causes, getting something worse than the Roger Taney court of the 1850s with Roberts playing to the narrowest of interests. Further, all legislation can be degraded as much as it can be improved. The US can benchmark to all kinds of indicators, but quality and quantity of law-making or representation of constituencies are all over the map. For example, an Idaho billionaire probably gets pretty good constituent service, while the representation of a poor minority in population-rich California probably gets close to nothing. Indeed, everybody is getting prepared for two years of no legislation, just shut-downs and investigations. GOP Senators such as Cotton and Cruz can essentially go free range in the next couple years, if they are not there already.

22 Likes

OT: the women’s NCAA volleyball tournament is starting tomorrow, and we’re super excited for our Badgers in Madison!

Got ahead of myself! The tournament starts tomorrow. (Yes, I’m excited!)

25 Likes

I think they want to stick their very unpopular personal want on Biden. Trump didn’t do it and wouldn’t. He’s got more political sense than that.

4 Likes

…and then I’ll overturn the elections and we’ll storm congress using super-cool stack formations and we’ll chase the congresspeople and destroy all the commies and plug every one of 'em with my Red Ryder 200 shot deluxe…

“You’ll shoot your eye out, Elmer!”

26 Likes

I believe they also have to wear ankle monitors. So there’s that.

5 Likes

It is, in my opinion, the best sports tournament of any year.

Don’t you think Milo is too cute by half? This get together served the interests of everyone there. Trump is sending a signal to his base to prepare to act out when he is indicted. Ye, Milo, and the Nazi-adjacent Nick Fuentes -Look at them.- they were the message.

17 Likes

Yep! And Texas will be fun to watch, too!

1 Like

DOJ Intervenes In Jackson’s Water Crisis

The Justice Department has reached agreement with the city of Jackson and the state of Mississippi to allow third party oversight of the broken municipal water system. The latest step is a stopgap measure while DOJ negotiates a consent decree to bring stability to the chronically deficient water system. A federal judge will need to approve both measures.

For legal reasons, the DOJ has to include the city of Jackson in the lawsuit/agreement, but the fact that Jackson has no clean water is almost solely the fault of the State GOP in Mississippi. A reminder:

Last February, Reeves acknowledged that Jackson’s water problems can be attributed to “50 years of negligence and ignoring the challenges of the pipes and the system.”

“That 50 years of deferred maintenance is not something that we’re going to fix in the next six to eight hours,” he added.

But rather than doing everything in his power to push for the investments needed to ensure that Jackson’s residents have guaranteed access to clean drinking water, Reeves has advocated for completely eliminating the state income tax, signing a $524 million tax cut earlier this year.

The only help has come from the city taxpayers and the federal government:

In an effort to improve its aging infrastructure, Jackson voters in 2014 approved a 1% sales tax increase, but that levy raises just $13 million in annual revenue—a small fraction of the $1 billion Lumumba says the city needs to fix its water system.

The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act signed into law by President Joe Biden last November provides $429 million to fund water system improvements for the entire state of Mississippi, leaving Jackson with more resources but still far from enough.

37 Likes

Yes, great team, but you never know in this tournament. And every team has great players now.

1 Like

Yep… all the way to that orange julius guy. The whining coming from south Florida (Mar-a-Lago) would be epic.

6 Likes

Jackson Mississippi is dependent on the federal government to fix its ignored infrastructure. So, essentially, the blue states will be paying for it.
Is anyone surprised?

31 Likes

Cotton is doing more than wishing them best of luck. He’s threatening regulatory retaliation for companies that don’t bend the knee to conservative orthodoxy:

HEWITT: “Apple is considering removing Twitter from the App Store. How does that strike you? How would you respond to that?”

COTTON: “Hugh, I think that would be a very ill-advised decision by Tim Cook at Apple. I understand that he may not care for Elon Musk, maybe he’s a little envious of Elon Musk’s massive success as a businessman, but to remove a widely used social media app from Apple’s App Store simply because he has political disagreements with Elon Musk and the direction he’s taking Twitter would simply be inviting aggressive legislative and regulatory action in Washington.

emphasis mine

40 Likes
25 Likes

A lot of the time Ron DeSantis behaves like a chunky abrasive Eddie Haskell.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available