The Oath Keepers Convictions Is Just A Taste Of What’s To Come

Pretty sure prisons don’t permit that. If somone smuggled him a phone, he could do it once, then his cell gets tossed til they find the phone, and he does the rest of his sentence in solitary.

2 Likes

Oh, the GQP will tell Teh Olds that it’s the fault of the Libs and Those People that their checks have dried up–you know, “Look! Squirrel!”

The younger GQP cohort will probably be willing to believe that the Feds have been “stealing” their money for some kind of Ponzi scheme, so they will be thrilled to have all that cash to make their own can’t-fail investments.

And cutting across all GQP demographics is a hodge-podge of beliefs about the Rapture, pedophilia, and Dr. Fauci that leaves the true believers incredibly easy to distract and manipulate. Not forgetting that followers of the Boot Strap Party are likely to believe plunging into poverty once Social Security and Medicare disappear is your own damn fault.

Kill off the old and radicalize the young: I think that’s the ground plan here.

That is no pie-in-the-sky: grand juries will indict Trump. I won’t speculate on the timeline, but Garland’s appointment of Smith would indicate indictments are at hand. Not to mention overall the pace is picking up, as we can plainly see. A taste of what’s to come.

4 Likes

Oooooo! Maybe Elmo can threaten the EU! Perhaps call them up late at night and bitch about how he’s going to create a New Europe if they don’t do what he wants!

5 Likes

trump in solitary sounds good to me

2 Likes

The key here is that Trump not be nominated. We have no control over this, as we know - but is not something Democrats should wish for, as many do. Just like in '16. So let’s not. The judicial wheels moving may make this a moot point. All of this weakens the Republican Party.

My skin crawls, and yet I am liking this as. hard. as. I. can.

So the variant will be Beta, or are we up the Gamma?

1 Like

like Heaven :innocent:

Of course he is. I’d never realized until Trump that losing could become an actual addiction.

8 Likes

King of bankruptcy!

1 Like

The Salvation army is a Christian evangelical organization that would like nothing better than a Christo-fascist nation imposed on the nonbelievers in this country. The Santas ringing a bell over a donation jar is a front that has fooled people for years.

3 Likes

I have heard and discussed each of these elements with DoD lawyers over my years in the defense business. It is a difficult problem. Currently semi-autonomous weapons such as cruise missiles are given an aim point before release.

The issue with these new systems is having the weapon autonomously select its own targets WITHOUT asking “may I ?” Every lawyer I’ve talked to (including a couple 3-stars) has said this inconsistent with both the letter and the spirit of Title 10. Nobody really has an idea on 1) how they manage this, and 2) having a 100% secure, jam-proof datalink for the necessary approval signal.

2 Likes

Thanks for your insider perspective on this. I’m posting as an interested observer familiar with the tech, but outside the military-industrial establishment. It’s going to be fascinating to see how this develops.

Who in Congress was part of the Insurrection?

2 Likes

The ones who asked for pardons (they didn’t get them)?

5 Likes

That’s because you, unlike some people, would have a valid reason.

2 Likes

I’m all for calling out hypocrites, but let’s avoid sinking to the level of kinkshaming.

It’s “stand back and stand by” updated.

1 Like

As I plainly stated, when indictments actually happens, then it matters.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available