The Long National Nightmare Inflicted By The House GOP Isn’t Over

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1474006

“Stop it. Sit down. You’re a United States senator,” Sanders implored, before adding, “This is a hearing. And God knows the American people have enough contempt for Congress. Let’s not make it worse.”

Narrator: Hold my beer.

71 Likes
38 Likes

GOP VOTERS: You are not sending us your best people.

Or are you?

68 Likes

Is reasonable diligence even a thing anymore? Apparently, it is not for SCOTUS, nor any R Congress critters.

18 Likes
22 Likes

Sean O’Brien. Irish Teamster Head.

This is who Mullin thought he wanted to fight?

Sean came there to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

And he was all out of bubblegum.

40 Likes

All she has to do is concede the 2022 election.

It’s that simple.

7 Likes

It’s the year 2052 and Kari Lake still insists that the 2022 election was stolen from her.

19 Likes

Speaking of cats…

The combined British forces:
Royal Air Force
Army
Royal Navy
Cat
(Photo @PoliticalPics) pic.twitter.com/CD3m24ZJSN

— Larry the Cat (@Number10cat) November 14, 2023
62 Likes

At best it is least worst.

13 Likes

Sir! This is an Arby’s!

26 Likes

I’m curious what Google is experiencing as to increases in searches for “How do I move to another country?” and “How do I get a passport?” Certainly once Trump is reelected information for both will be helpful to many.

17 Likes

Just helping everyday folks
Republican Proposes Amendment to Keep Junk Fees for Consumers (msn.com)

Norman: The administration can’t even define what a junk fee is. Maybe my good friend on the left could define what a junk fee.

DeLauro: It’s when you deny people a real return on their investment, but you charge them a fee for doing that. That’s a junk fee. You are paying for junk. Junk advice. Junk assistance…

Norman: I still didn’t hear the definition of a junk fee.

‘How dare they want to save lives’: Mary Miller’s ‘Defund OSHA’ campaign makes Internet facepalm hard (msn.com)

WASHINGTON, DC: Republican Representative Mary Miller from Illinois’ 15th Congressional District ignited a storm with her recent proposal to defund the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

Miller introduced an amendment aimed at stripping OSHA of its budget and power due to its association with implementing President Joe Biden’s Covid-19 vaccine mandate, which she deemed “illegal and unconstitutional.”

42 Likes

“On voter fraud she stayed away from some of the crazier theories she espoused in the past in favor of more normal-sounding (but still non-fact-based) complaints about long voting lines and broken voting machines.”

So we’re really not quite done with crazier theories yet.

17 Likes

Because of course he does
McConnell holds off on rolling Tuberville over military nominations — for now (msn.com)

37 Likes

Why don’t Burchett and McQarthy settle it like men: pull out their guns and blaze away until the dispute is “resolved”? The Republicans took away the metal detectors at the doors to the House, so you know they’re both packing.

15 Likes

Will republican voters ever tire of voting for performative stupidity?

37 Likes
24 Likes

Border bill that creates a new state crime for entering Texas illegally heads to governor’s desk | CNN Politics

“Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is expected to sign a bill that would make it a new state crime for entering Texas illegally and gives law enforcement the power to arrest and order migrants to leave the United States,” CNN reports.

“Democratic House members said the bill oversteps on the federal government’s powers and echoes Arizona’s immigration status provision which opponents dubbed the ‘show me your papers’ law. The law was mostly rejected by the US Supreme Court in 2012 when it upheld that the federal government sets immigration policy and laws.”

32 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available