The Key Ingredients Of Christian Nationalism

Because all they are hearing at their megachurch is “prosperity gospel”, not so much about feeding the hungry or welcoming the stranger.

20 Likes

The Oldstream media seems much too willing to afford these grievance-laden, hateful and thankless reprobates the right to claim The Name.
Some of us just shake our heads when it happens, when both the haters and their critics just roll with it.
Challenge the falsehood, don’t just give it to them.

11 Likes

When it comes to religion it’s all about that sweet, sweet tax-exempt money flowing into the Pulpit Pimp’s bank account.

8 Likes

Sounds like key ingredients of fascism to me.

3 Likes

This is the basis of my distrust and disdain of organized religion in general. It’s all basically one cult against another (ad nauseum). All screeching about what boils down to, “Dad loves me best, and HATES you!”.

15 Likes

War is NEVER holy and just because they call themselves Christians certainly does NOT make it so.
How can ANYONE read the words “HOLY WAR” and not see the oxymoron in the meaning?
Those two words were never synonymous.

14 Likes

Christian on Christian war is what lead to the enlightenment and the notion of separation of church and state in the first place. It was the never ending European religious wars that the founders wanted to guard against. Historically the Baptists were among the most fervent of the religious people championing separation of church and state mostly because they weren’t powerful like the Catholics or the establishment Protestant denominations.

Dogmatic misogynistic racist tribalism is at the heart of Christian Nationalism. The leaders of the modern Christian Nationalist movement have more in common with the Morality police in Iran than they do with you or me.

32 Likes

Went to a college run by Church of the Brethren. During the summer they would open campus to various groups for camps. The summer I worked there, this included an LDS group. The week following, all the staff and students who smiled and greeted them some approximation of “warmly” during their week of giving the college rent, suddenly everyone was openly mocking “that damned cult”.

5 Likes

And the free churches (like mine) will be hammered from both sides, just like the Reformation.
Burned by the Protestants, drowned by the Catholics.
We’ll have to update the Martyrs Mirror.

3 Likes

It never, ever, happens that way,

6 Likes

That’s just it, they won’t leave the rest of out of it. If we don’t choose willing then they will choose for us.

13 Likes

Any book. He’s holding it like a bachelor holds a baby. Not that he does anything like a normal human being, but if he ever read an entire book because he was forced to in college he hasn’t read one since.

22 Likes

I try to live by the maxim of Elizabeth I – “there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. The rest is a dispute over trifles.”

4 Likes

“Christian Nationalist” is equally oxymoronic.

5 Likes

F*ck you, Christians.

I’m over being nice.

8 Likes

Trump deals in Collective Behavior. People doing outlandish things in a crowd in which the Marks he is conning can achieve anonymity is his thing.

People one would not expect can achieve those outlandish behaviors…dissenters: BEWARE

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha. O brother, just because the squabblers have been few in number and poorly armed relative to the goyim doesn’t mean the infighting hasn’t been vicious.

13 Likes

Jesus warned about faux-believers ( Matthew 15:8, Matthew 24:24, Mark 13:22, among others) which was eventually translated to faux-Christians then to anti-Christians which eventually morphed in to concept of the Antichrist.

The tools of the Antichrist are among us, but that’s not new or news.

7 Likes

But deadly?

2 Likes

All a matter of degree. One need not be dead to have been mortally wounded in spirit.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available