The Key Ingredients Of Christian Nationalism

Jesus did return but left after witnessing the world overrun with corrupt people acting in his name who repudiated everything he had taught.

God is a force within the subconscious and can be perceived (personified) in whatever form one considers suitable.

Did I miss something?

Elevation of Mar a Lago is three friggin’ feet above sea level. It’s practically underwater.
Imagine you or I were wealthy enough to buy this architectural shithole.
Would we even think of buying it? Doubt if chump could give it away.

1 Like

Well…Jesus is (and is not) God. Because there is only one god. Plus his Son (who is also God) and the Holy Spirit (which is also still God).

1 Like

The Ralph Reed tactics of takeover got the far right a long way into control, but the fact is that fanatical Christianity is losing ground among the public in general (see the Pew reports), and white nationalism is losing ground gradually due to demographic change.

1 Like

So, the Russian war against Ukraine, is largely a holy war of the Russian Orthodox against a people that they can pretend are rebelling against the church and so should be conquered and brought into submission. That partly explains why Putin’s war has all along been in many ways quite irrational.

Why not, “Christo-Nazi”?

1 Like

the fact is that fanatical Christianity is losing ground among the public in general (see the Pew reports), and white nationalism is losing ground gradually due to demographic change.

Your statement reflects a foundational assumption that what the people of this country think will continue to matter. How many people opposed Dobbs? Did it stop them? Look at those pictures of Iranians in the 70s. Do you think they prefer the way it is now?

We have to stop thinking that the democratic process alone will fix this. They’ve been proof testing the foundations of democracy for decades, especially with McConnell, but it got into especially high gear with Trump. We need to stabilize those foundations and protect them from further erosion. And I don’t think it’s a given that we’ll succeed.

1 Like

I have said it before and will say it again,woman will never be equal to men until:

1. They can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut and still think they are beautiful, and

2. Change the pronoun all monotheism uses for "God:.

Or to put another way, when discussing Christianity’s view of gender equality or not, within the religion I see no real dispute.

…anyone sincere about holding a Bible would have it open.

Nearly all of the images of Jesus that I saw growing up were of a rather effeminate male figure usually with light brown hair, light skin color and blue eyes. Seemed very unlikely since he was born and lived in the Middle East. This image is more believable.

1 Like

The storm is headed north, well away from Mar a Lago.

No one ever said these people were smart.

Atheist.

Rational

Ya mean the Jesus in the Hebrew bible? I missed that one, too.

That was my point. If Jesus is God (because there is only one god), then the God that shows up in the Old Testament is also Jesus. He’s just going by his Hebrew name, Yahweh.

(Though of course, He’s never so named in the Hebrew texts because referring to Him by name is apparently blasphemous. Which engenders the question how one was meant to learn the name of the god they served if it was never to be written down or uttered. To answer my own question, it’s seemingly okay to write it without the vowels, so in English that comes out as Yhwh.)

I think Hebrew doesn’t use vowels in writing. Or at least some past version of Hebrew. Of course, it’s possible that Yahweh (which some people render as Jehovah) could have originally meant “Our Lord and Savior” or something, making it okay to say, as it wasn’t a name.

My knowledge of this is just enough to be dangerous, but to my understanding, like Jesus, Jehovah is the Romanticized version of a Hebrew name (Jesus being Joshua and Jehovah being Yahweh).

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available