The End Times Begin At Bedminster

Hello, it’s the weekend. This is The Weekender ☕

Before the dust had settled under my and every other shoddily built, six-floor walk-up in Brooklyn Friday, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and other conspiracy theorists of her ilk were already ushering in the end times. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1485304
1 Like

For MTG and any other whackos predicting End Times

2 Likes

Next will be bolts of lightning at Bedminster
Just sayin’…

22 Likes

“standard astrological phenomena”? Really? An eclipse may be exciting for astrologers, but as a phenomenon, it’s astronomical.

36 Likes

On NPR today I listened to a snippit from an eclipse discussion. A lady held that a partial eclipse isn’t near as much fun as a total coverage. poppycock!! I say… here in Tucson I’ve been told to expect 70% coverage. More than enough to have fun with. Just 2 pieces of white psper, onevwith a pin hole then sun over the shoulder and light thru the hole and bingo one will see the sun and the shadow of the moon as it moves. And eyes will be safe.

20 Likes

Can we go with an unexpected rift opening up, swallowing the entire clubhouse and widening the fairway on a large number of holes?

14 Likes

Hurricane season might be a strong one this year, of Mar a largo gets leveled will they take the hint?

20 Likes

“God is sending America strong signs to tell us to repent. Earthquakes and eclipses and many more things to come. I pray that our country listens. :pray:Greene tweeted Friday

At lunch today, a friend who very, very seldom talks politics, noted this insanity. Surprised us. Keep it up MTG, you bringing people out of their shells.

28 Likes

Can we try a plague of frogs before the rift opening up? Or would boils be better?

18 Likes

I think MAL was overly built back in 1927, or built correctly for a chance of hurricanes. It’s in the category of “they don’t build them like that any more”.

8 Likes

donnie as a witness…

2 Likes

Boils! Yes, please!

9 Likes

Seems good.

7 Likes

How about locusts denuding the fairways, rough and the green?
Bedminster could assume a positively Biblical aspect.

15 Likes

“Who knows what the deep state will come up with next!”

4 Likes

I’ve been fortunate to experience both partial and total eclipses. Total eclipses are categorically different, and vastly more profoundly memorable. The temperature drops dramatically with the onset of totality, birds stop singing, both reverting immediately after totality.

One of the weirdly most striking effects was the appearance of the horizons perpendicular to the axis of the path of totality. They look like sunrise or sunset in both directions.

32 Likes

Marjorie Taylor Greene, telling the world that she never learned that astronomy is a thing, along with the GOP Senate candidate/bozo in Montana, who can’t get his story straight on whether he was shot once, or multiple times, and was it in Afghanistan, or Montana–these people are first and last clowns. Malevolent clowns, sure, hateful clowns, violent clowns, authoritarian clowns, but always clowns. Idiots, nincompoops, ignoramuses, knuckleheads.

Think Jewish space lasers. Trump on injecting bleach. Giuliani getting honey-potted on film by Borat, for heaven’s sake. Clowns.

34 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

That screen name isn’t fooling anyone, Clippy!

13 Likes

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. When will this era of stupidity end? My friends and I are dreading the election, we are all worried about what could happen.

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available