The Dem Dems Love To Dunk On: Calls Grow For Lieberman To GTFO Of GA Senate Race

Most plausible explanation.

3 Likes

When it comes to mendacity and dual loyalty this apple landed right at the bottom of his disgusting father’s tree.

1 Like

I caught and thoroughly appreciated (and was delighted by) your reference, and of course must acknowledge that the snake in the Aesop fable was not entirely innocent. Nevertheless, that snake never pretended to be anything other than was: a snake. The farmer knew very well what he was dealing with, before he took him in. With the senior Mr. Lieberman, just speaking for myself up to late 2000, we never knew that he was a snake, until he was already inside our tent. Both can be deadly, obviously. I cannot avoid the conclusion that, morally at least, the snake was far more honorable. That’s all I was trying to say.

So, early on we heard that one of the five eyes had warned us once before that a veep candidate was compromised and we wondered, hey, Sarah or Joe? And now maybe we know?

You are sizing it up correctly - but the early education / career probably is more like:
Born: 1977
Grad from Hopkins prep: 1985 or 1986
Bachelor’s-Yale:1989 or 1990
Law - Yale: 1992 or 1993 or 1994
(… his ex-wife graduated from Yale Law School in 1994)
… for Matt Lieberman, there seems to be a lot of life “timeline acreage” that was not farmed… or was allowed to lie fallow … while he sought to find himself.
I’m sure he is a really bright guy … but his story is not compelling… he is still trying to find himself … and running for the US Senate is not something you do as a personal vision quest… or as a way to work out unresolved Daddy issues.

1 Like

Treachery runs strong in that family.

1 Like

And just like his daddy, he’s no Democrat.

1 Like

Early on Lieberman was running ahead of Warnock. Then the DNC chose to back Warnock. With the funding Warnock’s numbers surged. Lieberman is understandably sore. Nonetheless, once the polling showed the writing on the wall. Lieberman could have fallen on his sword, left the race and have a nice political future as a team player. Instead he is choosing to remain in the race despite having virtually no chance of being amongst the the top two which makes him a spoiler and attacking Warnock in ways that make it harder for Warnock to win in the general.
Lieberman is selfishly focussing on what he sees as wrongs done on him rather than facing the reality thst he is harming the.entire country by lessening the chances that Warnock gets elected and helps the Democrats control the Senate.

TLDR: Matt Lieberman in.process of committing political suicide.

2 Likes

The Villages is usually at the top of STD outbreaks.

I think you’re off by a decade there. Born in 1977 would make him 23 in 2000.

But yeah, with the news that he didn’t stay at the school he “headed” either. It sounds as if he makes a great initial impression and then it takes 2-3 years for people to realize they truly don’t want him around. Which could be good for a serial entrepeneur, I guess. But now he’s 50 with very little to show for it.

1 Like

And how did he get into Yale Law?

Double legacy, undergrad and law school.

1 Like

He’s literally insane to be doing what he’s doing there. Not only because he’s going to get a lot of Floridians hospitalized or killed, but because he’s going to be destroying the lifeblood of their economy.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s a cockswain.

2 Likes

I think somewhere I picked up a wrong year of birth … belive it is 1967… Not 1977 … but then everything else squares.
And yes, his pattern does seem to be to fail to live up to initial expectations .
What is truly odd is the way his time at the school is pumped up in his bio like it was a monumental accomplishment (reading his bio - it is the only item that gets real detail) and he was only there 2 years!
There is no clarity as to what he could or would attempt to accomplish …

2 Likes

Joe was primarily a ratf*cker who had problems that a black man was President. He was personally responsible for the healthcare public option failing to pass.

Some of Lieberman’s critics see his stance on healthcare as shaped by his acceptance of more than $1m in campaign contributions from the medical insurance industry during his 21 years in the Senate. The blocking of public-run competition is a huge relief to an industry that has been increasing premiums far ahead of costs and making huge profits while individuals are bankrupted by chronic illnesses. Many of the medical insurance companies are based in Lieberman’s home state.

He was also a war mongering prick that was enthusiastic about sending other people’s sons and daughters to war despite he and his progeny never having served.

The son sounds just as evil as the father.

3 Likes

Matt Lieberman in process of exacting compensatory patronage from Georgia Republicans

No kidding. The SOB filibustered the ACA. That was treachery of the highest order. But I don’t really care about him; it was Harry Reid who let him get away with it.

I laughed at your response. Yes, snakes really are far more honorable that any single Republican these days.

Signed, Not a Fan of Snakes.

Possibly. Link? Evidence?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available