The Bucks Stops Over There Somewhere: Trump Refuses To Own COVID-19 Failures | Talking Points Memo

It’s not my fault!

That was the line from the President of the United States Friday, pressed twice on his leadership in the government’s tumultuous and politicized response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Trump belatedly declared the pandemic a national emergency at a Rose Garden event Friday, but when he began taking questions from reporters after his remarks, it was clear he did not believe the buck stopped with him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1297092
1 Like

Trump is a clear and present danger to Americans…
AND Trump’s irresponsibility is making him a BIGLY national security risk, financial risk and health risk!

Addendum:
ICYMI:

”…100 reported cases of Chinese patients who have been released from hospitals as survivors of the new coronavirus — only to test positive for it a second time in the bewildering math of this mysterious illness.”
”… they are raising questions in China about the reliability of diagnostic tests, the possibility of reinfection and whether patients are wrongly designated as “recovered” and released too early from hospitals.”

Addendum2:
#WheresMitch
While Trump is playing Russian Roulette with our lives…it seems that MoscowMitch is playing his political game by taking 3 day recess in the Senate, 3 more days of increased Covid-19 deaths and infection.

60 Likes

Well I am convinced! He never takes responsibility.

16 Likes

84 Likes

Donny is definitely out of his element.

15 Likes

That damn Obama

8 Likes

Downloaded for future Troll Hunting. Thanks!

5 Likes

What a Cowardly Little Piece of Shit.

Just like the petulant 5-year-old Man-Child he is he cries It’s not my fault! When caught fucking everything up.

Pathetic.

51 Likes

Let this be his epitaph.

87 Likes

Mr. “I alone can fix it” meekly adopts the passive voice: “we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.” Finally, in the Rose Garden, on national TV, we see the real Trump: a hapless weakling, looking desperately for someone to blame.

58 Likes

Democratic nominee campaign spot for the ages: just Trump, in his own words, “No I don’t take responsibility at all” a month or two from now in the aftermath of what just very well could turn out to be the single greatest economic, societal, and public health event in our lifetime, affecting every single voter

57 Likes

The “nasty question” came from a woman of color.

Just sayin’…

67 Likes

Huh. Look at the color of his face. Now even the sun conspires to make him look like an orange piece of shit.

23 Likes

You’ll never get trump to admit failings, but that’s not the point, I guess.

Holding his feet to the fire is about getting actions - not words, and I think the media has performed a valuable public service in ramping up our preparedness.

30 Likes

“I don’t take responsibility at all,” Trump told NBC’s Kristen Welker

That clip needs to run in every ad between now and the election.

59 Likes

Incisive piece by Peter Wehner at The Atlantic titled “The Trump Presidency Is Over”

31 Likes

I have no idea why trump continues to wear orange makeup, when “yellow” (or is that “yella”?) is much more appropriate.

Forgive my profanity , but what a chickenshit godless f#*kpig he is.

30 Likes

The Orange Numbnuts is way too damned stupid to be so fucking smug. God he makes my skin crawl.

23 Likes

“No I don’t take responsibility at all.”

And if your 10 year old said that…

30 Likes

And that too is going into the Troll Hunting Kit!

16 Likes