Texas’ Legislature Advances Sweeping Smorgasbord Of Right-Wing Bills

Sorry. Left Bexar out. My bad.

2 Likes

It’s not only sports. Rural school districts are often the biggest local employer.

That’s why - for now - rural GQP legislators have tended to vote with urban Dems to block vouchers.

2 Likes

I spoz you’re right. I withdraw my hatred, substitute annoyance.

2 Likes

Mayor Ron and Nelson Wolfe were right out there with the rest of the pack. And of course we have the Castros as well.

1 Like

Lots of real stupid looking dudes in cowboy hats. At first I thought it was a joke. I then realized that they are the joke.

4 Likes

Our current Texas Legislature is not known for looking before they leap.

4 Likes

All hat(s) as I see no cattle! Empty heads too

2 Likes

Texas clearly has a legislature full of ignorant pigs.

3 Likes

Yes. Seems like such a long time ago already.

1 Like

And there are plenty of these asshole cowboy hats all over Texass. Fuck em all is my thought.

1 Like

Do not denigrate the intellect of pigs. Of course you said ignorant pigs. But supposedly the people in the Texas legislature have a surfeit of education and experience. But still, pigs are pretty damn smart. Texas politicians, not so much lately.

2 Likes

Every ADULT MALE should know to take off their hat indoors. And shame on their mothers for not raising them right.

2 Likes

My apologies to the pigs, but not to the Texas politicians.

3 Likes

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m an asshole. You’re all correct. I should not hate a state.
I withdraw my state hate.

I grew up in Los Angeles County (San Pedro). They are not alike at all.

You do have the beach, that’s true. And we have the barbecue. But there’s nothing notably strange about the DFW metroplex. On my infrequent forays to L.A., I’m never like OMG, these people are aliens to me.

I accept that. I dislike what I dislike, though.

Beaches. . .You should see the San Pedro beach, from the cliffs of Royal Palms State Park to the view across the San Pedro Channel , I lived within walking distance from. Calling it a beach is somehow inadequate. Barbecue. . . A ton of mess for an after dining experience similar to digesting a bowling ball. :grin:

Two properly smoked slices off the point will either convince you that God is real or that God is terrible for making any living creature taste that good.

2 Likes

Here in FL, yes, mostly non-citizens, green card holders or those who recently gained citizenship build everything. No white people are seen actually doing any building. Sad since I as a young fellow long ago worked hard (concrete) for fair wages at the time to put myself through college. Today’s white youngsters won’t work that hard in the hot sun doing back-breaking work for any wage.

Anyway, DeSatan has now had his R dominated legislature pass very restrictive work rules that affect, with big fines, virtually all businesses here (agriculture, construction, retail, food, etc.), These clowns did so w/o consulting or listening to business leaders.

The result has been a mass exodus of field hands (crops not picked) construction crews (retail, wholesale, single family, etc.) and more. I love that fact however as non-white workers flee to friendly states like GA, business leaders here are befuddled as to how they can operate, given most are hard R’s and voted these clowns into office. And there is no path to reverse these onerous laws unless and until Tallahassee repeals a whole bunch of laws just passed here in 2023. Sad but true!

1 Like

[quote=“machoneman, post:69, topic:237522”]
GA, business leaders here are befuddled as to how they can operate, given most are hard R’s and voted these clowns into office. And there is no path to reverse these onerous laws unless and until Tallahassee repeals a whole bunch of laws just passed here in 2023.

I take a perverse pleasure in reading this.
You got all Rs in the state house
You got your wishes granted, but not the way you wanted.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available