Texas House Committee Wants Paxton Impeached - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Oh I am sure there are a few more than just him.

No argument.

7 Likes

Man. I have to hand it to Paxton. It’s really, really hard to get impeached in Texas. But I guess he is a “never take no for an answer”-type guy.

6 Likes

OH dear…

Paxton lashed out on Tuesday and Wednesday, accusing House Speaker Dade Phelan ® of being “intoxicated” at a public hearing and, even worse, of being a “liberal.”

(indrawn breath)… oh my… a liberal… the indignity of it all…

7 Likes

Kinzinger? And we saw how that went over with the party.

7 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving asshole. Here’s hoping the legislature follows through the Find Out threat to completion.

3 Likes

Reward: 25 years in federal prison . . . and NOT Club Fed.

6 Likes

I grew up in Fort Worth &was lucky to escape. Still have family there, most of whom are liberals. Am pulling for Texas to go purple, but still wonder how they could re-elect corrupt politicians like Paxton, evil twisted ones like Abbott, and nincompoops like Gohmert.

12 Likes

“…what appeared to be a crime spree undertaken from within the office of the Texas Attorney General.”

Why should the AG’s office be any different than any other fucking Republican piece of shit in Texas or anywhere else?

2 Likes

They’re having trouble finding a jury of his peers.

4 Likes

Illegal activities and crimes will make Ken Paxton a saint to white christian nationalists. Paxton will be canonized and deified much like Skanky and Wanky.

3 Likes

Well, he did cheat on his wife, so it would be the chef’s kiss to how soap opera-y the Texas GOP is for her to actually vote to throw his ass out.

16 Likes

The photo of Paxton makes it look like he was weaned on a dill pickle and a nipple of corruption.

4 Likes

Would the Paxton (well-deserved) legal, ethical, and apparently finally impeachable problems be even more enjoyable if we all weren’t waiting for the Trump MAL documents indictment?..and J6 indictment?..and Fulton County indictment? Is there a way we can create a list of Republican criming to view later?

3 Likes

they’ve tolerated this winger nutjob crook in office for YEARS…why push for impeachment now?

1 Like

Wow, the scope of the criminal activities is astounding. Paxton set up investigations of the FBI enforcement officials building a case investigating his donor Nate Paul, who was also Paxton’s mistress’s sugar daddy. I wonder why Paxton did not sugar daddy his own mistress? He could have easily given a nice job in his office.

2 Likes

There is one. But due to security concerns (s)he must remain nameless for the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

I’m planning a binge watching party.

4 Likes

Damn few!

1 Like

You grew up in Texas and you ask that? Hook and crook. They gamed the system, slathered on the rhetoric, lied, lied, lied and then tossed in the Wurlitzer of the good ol’boy network. Same old, same old but lately they got a lot more traction than normal.

5 Likes

Did I read Paxton has had outstanding legal issues since 2015?

The guy’s messy.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available