Texas GOP Moves To Commandeer Elections In Houston

Thanks, I had missed that. So they’ve made their dumb electoral grievance assuaging legislation even more toothless.

12 Likes

Free and fair elections, in Jim Crow Texas that is a colossal joke.

1 Like

So if we agreed with you, we’d smell better?
(Now, let’s talk about smugness…)

7 Likes

I mean, what is even the point of waking up if I then have to shut the fuck up?

ETA: I get the frustration, but I think a lot of people here do work to make a difference. Maybe some are overly optimistic, but it might help if you would make an explicit suggestion about what people here can do that has some chance of making a difference that they aren’t already doing. Obviously, you feel like you’re doing something effective that others here aren’t doing, or you’re doing something that isn’t effective but that you think would be if you had x number of people doing the same thing.

Just let us know. Thanks.

6 Likes

I’d describe it as “fascism,” but I know it’s not necessarily effective to use that every time, no matter how accurate it is.

3 Likes

This would seem like a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution in my view as a layman.

Texans are fine with screwing Houston, it’s full of blacks and mexicans anyway. True Texans (those low on melanin) only account for 27% of the population and falling.

1 Like

I have confidence that Lina Hidalgo will chart the course to federal court.

5 Likes

They really, really, REALLY don’t want people to vote for Democrats. Fucking Nazis, pardon my “French.”

9 Likes

Yeah, this Supreme Court seems to have a fairly novel approach to the importance of precedents and stare decisis.

6 Likes

I’m sorry but if Texas refuses to engage in democracy then democracy shouldn’t have to help them out when catastrophe comes to Texas.

3 Likes

That, obviously, is why Trump is still president.

Reflexive SCOTUS nihilism is so tedious. Even with this Court, people still need to maintain an understanding of what is and isn’t feasible. Throwing out 2 million votes is not.

8 Likes

Bless your heart, dearie. We’re the third bluest red state in the nation, and you’re going to appreciate our 40+ electoral votes sometime within the next three presidential cycles.

8 Likes

This is not the high or low water mark for Texas repubs. This is.

The bill, which is scheduled Tuesday for the House floor, is one of about a half-dozen religion bills approved this session by the Texas Senate, including one that would allow uncertified chaplains to replace trained, professional counselors in K-12 schools.

12 Likes

Moron’s been told to STFU

The protective order was requested by prosecutors after Trump criticized Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, presiding Judge Juan Merchan, and others associated with the criminal case.

8 Likes

I think you’re giving this particular TPMer too much credit for the positions he stakes out. Most of what he does is rant and with an abundance of the four letter word only those with limited vocabularies turn to when they’ve run out of coherent things to say.

6 Likes

[quote=“mondfledermaus, post:48, topic:237645”]

Texans are fine with screwing Houston, it’s full of blacks and mexicans anyway. True Texans (those low on melanin) only account for 27% of the population and falling.
[/quo
Heh, Whites as a minority (snicker). I live in Tucson (45% Hispanic in total). My neighborhood is largely Hispanic and Spanish is commonly heard here. White Texans should be more tolerant. I find it amusing to see a certain guy who has one of those “monster trucks”… raised shocks. Gynormous chrome grille… the whole 9 yards… except this guy sports the Mexican flag (one each at the front corners of his truck bed) instead of “Old Glory”. I have heard folks roll their windows down and cheer for him. He usually can be seen driving on major roads on the 16th of September (Mexican independence day) just to show the flag.

1 Like

How and why would we appreciate something we’ll never ever get?

1 Like

He’s the reason the “Ignore User” category was invented. Put him on your list, I have and I don’t see a thing he posts.

Go to your avatar, click on the envelope icon, and a list of items comes up including “preferences” where you can enter his user name and his rantings won’t be seen by you. Clearly he’s not someone who can be reasoned with so phuck him.

5 Likes

Clear like the fact that Clinton did nothing wrong with respect to Benghazi or clear like the fact that there was no fraud or election interference from Democrats to “steal” the 2020 election…both of which still get treated as having “two sides to the story” by the Zombie Fourth Estate and are widely believed to be proven conspiracies by a huge chunk of the population? You mean THAT kind of clear?

TX’s KKKULT is never letting the electoral votes go to a Dem. If they’re supposed to in 2024, they’ll refuse and hand them to a GQPer. Guaranteed. And if the SCOTUS has given the thumbs up to the independent state legislature nonsense by then, they’ll get away with it too.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available