Texas GOP Loses Convention Lawsuit

I don’t see THAT in the Constitution.

1 Like

It’s funny. Of all the things I’ve seen on the city bus, and I’ve seen plenty, I’ve never seen anyone try and get on without pants.

1 Like

You need to get out more.

2 Likes

Especially after Tulsa Oklahoma is attributing their surge in cases to trump’s little rally - and the GOP convention would be a multi-day event.

3 Likes

I have to admit I’ve been wondering how many Republicans are quietly Lincoln Project Republicans and not members of trump’s faithful…

We tend to think of the GOP as a monolith - perhaps not so much this election cycle?

http://nationalunderwearday.com/

2 Likes

I would be willing to bet a whole nickel that the Texas GOP is secretly GLAD that they now have an excuse to avoid the convention (like a student with an excuse letter from a doctor).

4 Likes

Thank you.

The City of Chicago imposed a big-covid-state quarantine last week

1 Like

They also vote on delegates to represent their state at the national conventions. There’s a lot of party business conducted at county, state, and national party conventions, but the main purpose of holding county and state conventions is to nominate delegates to represent your county/state at the next level nominating convention. Nominating the candidate is still the purpose of having conventions, although in this day and age, by the time the state convention rolls around, the identity of the nominee is usually a moot point.

1 Like

Kinda’ clear.

Now I have to wonder why that vote was 7-1 against the GOP vs. a slamming 8-0. (And if I was that “one”, hopefully reflecting on not being qualified to be on that court.)

1 Like

Well, yeah, tRump supporters do make tRump look bad, because they’re the kind of people who would support tRump! Duh!

1 Like

Oh, darn. Now they will be unable to get to the polls after getting sick plus Trump won’t let them use a mail in absentee ballot.

Houston Chronicle had a 43-page obit section.

1 Like

" At least when it comes to dying for the economy."
Bullshit.
They will be and are dying for the economy, dying for Trump.

I say let it proceed. With the requirement that the attendees be quarantined onsite for 14 days.
Stock the place with food and water, lock the doors.

1 Like

Yea, who’s the knuckle dragger who found in Trump’s favor?

Tiergartenstraße 4

1 Like

Trumpolatry has moved into the suicide-cult phase. Which would be great, the sooner the better, but unfortunately with their particular method of choice they are going to take everyone else out along with them. Couldn’t we just band together to buy them a huge supply of cyanide KoolAid, let them take themselves out in time-honored fashion and let the rest of us go along trying to recover from all the damage they’ve done?

1 Like

No doubt it’s all Fake News.
The GOP is a death cult.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available