Texas AG Also Pulled A Ted Cruz-Like Texit Amid State’s Energy Crisis | Talking Points Memo

Much like Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) Cancún getaway during one of his state’s worst disasters in modern history, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton and his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, fled to Utah last week while millions of Texans suffered from a power outage crisis in freezing temperatures.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1361519

Nobody should encourage Ken Paxton to return to Texas. (There are rural areas where Utah can put him where he can’t do much damage. Yes, I know most people in Utah think I’m just dumping America’s toxic waste in Utah’s back yard, and they might be right, but understand that Texas doesn’t want him back.)

21 Likes

Ski vacation? Utah’s slopes are great this time of year.

2 Likes

Paxton had a good reason; he feared yet another flock of indictments were coming home to roost.

22 Likes

This surprises precisely no one in Texas, including that Paxton found a way to make the state pay for his trip.

21 Likes

Cruz isn’t up next year, but Paxton is.

18 Likes

Forget it, Jake, it’s Texas.

4 Likes

There’s a woman somewhere who married him? Holy crap, there’s another who had an “extramarital affair” with him.

21 Likes

These are some really shitty folks and we knew that. But man they just keep re-enforcing it. Again and again and again.

11 Likes

OT, but seriously?

15 Likes

That’s particularly bizarre knowing the paranoiac train ride through China that Kim took to get there in the first place. He would just choose to hop on a flight with the American president, just like that? Bonkers.

6 Likes

No one has reported yet on John Cornyn’s whereabouts during the same time period. His Instagram account showed photos from an airport last Monday, and it’s known he golfed at least once this weekend at Mar-a-lago with trump.

10 Likes

Yeah and Abbot and Patrick. The unholy Triumvirate.

13 Likes

Republicans gotta republican (verb).

5 Likes

Do you know how many electoral votes Texas has? Maybe you can forget it but nobody else should because we’re on the verge of turning this state blue and that comes with a big fat bunch of electoral votes that could seal any presidential election for a Democrat.

It’s worth fighting for.

35 Likes

So Trump didn’t think this through, or take advise from his National Security Adviser, which one was it on this visit?
I can imagine Donnie not taking into consideration that he could have become a hostage, that Xi Jinping would have to save his fat ass.

5 Likes

According to DMN, It’s unclear whether the Paxtons have landed back in Texas.

Paxton should be considered a flight risk.

11 Likes

God I wish he would fly away and stay there.

8 Likes

Utah: "NOOOOOOO!"

5 Likes

Would the legislature then pass a law to apportion the electoral vote a la Nebraska and Maine, or can you flip the state government, too?

1 Like