Taylor: Sondland And Volker Compared Trump’s Ukraine Aid Holdup To A Business Deal

Chief of the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv Bill Taylor testified on Tuesday that U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland and former Special Envoy for Ukraine Kurt Volker had claimed President Donald Trump’s Ukraine scheme was kosher because he was a “businessman.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1257380

Will we get “collusion is awesome”, or “when the President does it, it’s not illegal”? Both?

9 Likes

Thank you for your service, Bill Taylor.

16 Likes

“Run it like a business” should deservedly lose its luster for organizations and associations not built expressly for business purposes.

9 Likes

Well, sure! A business deal between the participants in a protection racket.

6 Likes

Typical Grifter thought process: Everybody is just as corrupt as I am so “Everybody Does It”.

Trump is entirely “Transactional”; i.e. he NEVER does ANYTHING without first thinking; “What’s in it for me?”
and then his Malignant Narcissism forces him to “Win” at everything he does. He defines “Winning” as “The other guy LOSES”. Nothing in between. Black/White.

7 Likes

CWow! We got us another hero. That makes five. The former Ambassador to Ukraine, Fiona Hill and now Bill Taylor, the Whistle Blower and Reality Winner. All dedicated public servants.

Edited to add two more to the list.

4 Likes

“Bidnez”

4 Likes

A business deal with Gordon Tangerine Gecko

3 Likes

Just how clear does it have to be to Repugs before they jump on board.

2 Likes

Curious to see if Democrats will roll with a “that was your money, America” talking point. I tend to find this argument tendentious and obnoxious, and sort of a can of worms, but rarely is it as plain as this shakedown.

“Hey America, did you want your tax dollars to secretly be funneled into Donald Trump’s re-election efforts? 'Cause he did.”

8 Likes

I find this … disturbing.

11 Likes

The excitement of the World Series started a few hours early.

Well just read the comments here and welcome to alternative facts from idiots

Yes business, as in the way a Mafia does “business.”
Nothing personal; it’s just business.
Some people will rob you with a six-gun; some will rob you with a fountain pen…in a business sort of way.
Mind your own business; I’m doing monkey business.

3 Likes

Trump the Businessman demands payment up front before he signs a check. lol
Let that one sink in for a minute.

6 Likes

Bill Barr does bear a striking resemblance to Luca Brasi!

2 Likes

Taylor: Sondland And Volker Compared Trump’s Ukraine Aid Holdup To A Business Deal

Sondland: So, what don’t you get about transactional criminality?

3 Likes

Now Wingnuts, do you see the problem of managing a government as a business?

6 Likes

Wow those Red State guys are striving mightily to ignore all the implications. Their “logic” is incredibly convoluted, based on distortions and completely disconnected from the actual questions.

I have to hand it to them, though: if you didn’t have a good grasp of the situation, they would actually sound reasonable. So it’s scary shit, because they give lots of confused people a way to dismiss the entirety of the evidence so far.

2 Likes