Susan Collins Claims Gorsuch And Kavanaugh Betrayed Her

Hours after the Supreme Court issued its Friday ruling overturning Roe v. Wade and, with it, the constitutionally protected right to an abortion, Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) sat down with the New York Times to voice her surprise that we’ve ended up here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421550

FR!st!!!

No cats or dogs, how about a squirrel?

ETA: Is she dumb enough to believe them, or dumb enough to think we believe her?

55 Likes

Shocked!!
She says.
Yeah…
The real shock will set in when women’s visits to doctors or hospitals FOR ANY REASON AT ALL ARE ILLEGAL OR AT BEST SUSPECT.
No getting yer “lady parts” looked after.
If I were female sex would be off the table because getting preggers is just too damned dangerous.

21 Likes

Susan Collins needs to resign. She no longer has the interpersonal skills to tell when someone is lying to her.

52 Likes

No need to waste one’s energy talking about this. These two have shown what they are many times over.

80 Likes

“I am a don’t-rock-the-boat kind of judge,” [Kavanaugh] claimed in another.

“I prefer to just blow a big hole in its hull.”

78 Likes

Collins also told the Times that Justice Gorsuch impressed upon her that he had “written the book” on precedent.

Yeah, I remember that book. He entitled it “Precedents Don’t Mean Shit!”

40 Likes

And so how will she restore order? Or does she get lied to and cheated out of a right and just shrug?

“Oh those crafty devils!”

17 Likes

Since Kavs and Gorsuch lied “under oath” to congress, does this have any impact on what’s deemed acceptable when it comes to lying under oath? Seeing the highest judges in the land regard the oath as meaningless, doesn’t this cement the fact that it truly is. (It’s now precedent :wink: )

26 Likes

She reads her comments off a laminated card she keeps in her purse right?

35 Likes

“I feel misled,” she told the paper of record.

Collins should resign in protest!!!

33 Likes

As I posted here, now it’s time for the Republicans- FOR ONCE - to play defense. Already we’re hearing, “Oh, the Democrats could’ve done something about this in Congress, but did not.” Really? Is that an EXPLANATION I’m hearing? As they say, if you’re explaining, you’ve lost. We can now play offense with a very short and very true sentence: They’re coming for your rights.

49 Likes

When someone has to impress upon you that he wrote a book, that means you didn’t know that he wrote the book, and so probably don’t really know (or care to know) much about him, really. You were always just gonna confirm him.

30 Likes

Collins is squirrely. (no offense @squirreltown)

19 Likes

This is so ridiculous. Susan Collins aided and abetted the religious right takeover of the republican party. If she was really shocked, She would quit the party.

40 Likes

And it’s long past time we believe them to be what they have showed us who they are.

21 Likes

Unfortunately, they didn’t “lie”. They just said blah blah blah precedent. So why didn’t some Democrat ask how they felt about overturning precedent, HUH? Snark, yes, but.

18 Likes

If they did, it’s because you let them despite everyone telling you this is exactly what they would do given the chance and you gave them the chance. As a so-called “swing vote” on their confirmation you get to be held responsible for the upcoming list of judicial “precedents” that are about to be overturned by the Alito court. Enjoy!

16 Likes

I don’t think the Hues Corporation is a fan of Barf.

6 Likes

Concern Level: Amber

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available