Supreme Court To Release Trump Immunity Ruling

I’m expecting the same, but not directly aimed at Trump. Just continuing the process of hobbling the Executive branch.

6 Likes

Seldom has the phrase “justice delayed is justice denied” been more salient than it is in this case.

30 Likes

How many divisions does the supreme court have? How large is its air force? It’s navy?

Who the hell is going to enforce their bullshit rulings when everyone believes they are bought and paid for by their sponsors.

16 Likes

So TFG will argue that all of his criming falls under official acts?

14 Likes

Dread doesn’t need any modification - I have felt some form of dread more often in the last 9 years than the first 64 years of my life. Today is no different.

15 Likes

No need for a self-pardon where his Attorney General will just initiate a review that results in everything being dismissed while the prosecutions are all stayed because trump is preznit.

28 Likes

Ker-rist. We’ve jumped the shark. The jump was launched with Gore v Bush, and now we have nailed the landing.

22 Likes

Yep, looks like some obvious bullshit remand over what is and isn’t an official act. So predictable that I easily predicted it. Followed by further appeal. Lather, rinse, repeat.

42 Likes

Yup. Remanded. Thanks SCOTUS, for not doing your job and giving a nice delay to the Orange Turd.

20 Likes

However this means the J6 trial can now continue instead of being on hold, right? Or no?

3 Likes

Wow, what an anti-climax. They did exactly what every legal pundit I have heard predicted they would do. It really is all out in the open now, isn’t it?

19 Likes

“Trump is … absolutely immune from prosecution for the alleged conduct involving his discussions with Justice Department officials.”

Even if those discussions are criminal in nature and result in an attempt to overthrow the US government?

28 Likes

Weasels. Six fucking weasels.

23 Likes

This is what I predicted. The decision is designed to insulate Trump from any consequences, without looking like it does (hence the carve-out for “unofficial acts,” without specifying what that means), and mainly demand that the trial court start the whole process over of determining whether the charges fit into their made-up arbitrary definitions, with the plan that every decision will be appealed back to the Supreme Court…maybe in 2029.

13 Likes

Oh God, now we get to spend months meditating on what is an “official act.” Are your sure this wasn’t a ruling from the Uzbekistan Supreme Court?

10 Likes

Their entire handling of this matter was a deliberate stall to aid their ideological masters. Balls and strikes you know.

18 Likes

Just like we have been confusing bribes with merit bonuses all of these years, we have also mistaken standard political strongarming for attempting to overthrow democracy.

What is wrong with us?

17 Likes

No, they need hearings on whether the J6 activities were “official” activities of a President or not. They ruled in favor of Trump on some of the things, and refused to definitely rule against him on other things, because of course the main goal is to delay.

11 Likes

Looks like there is ammunition here for the loose Cannon.

And it makes for a lot of appeal fodder.

8 Likes

You are correct and even if Biden wins the election, this case will never go to trial or Trump will be dead before it reaches a conclusion.

Aileen Cannon will no doubt take it upon herself to determine if Trump was acting in an official capacity when he absconded with state secrets.

18 Likes