Stop Calling It The ‘Culture Wars’

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

There’s a lot to unpack here, and most of the coverage doesn’t quite capture the dynamic.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1449756

Gotcher culture wars right here, bro:

51 Likes

I SECOND the call to stop calling it Culture War. Also be nice to animals. Instant karma delivers.

Thud

52 Likes

What is E. S. G.? Usually when an acronym is first used in an article its written out so folk like me can then understand the acronym.
Three random letters do not mean much if unexplained

41 Likes
21 Likes

I agree, why can’t it be spelled out at the beginning.

14 Likes

Of course Putin’s cock-holster will attend CPAC. After all, Toadglans grabs 'em by the pussy while Shlapp grabs 'em by the dick. They’re a matched set. The yin-yang of sexual assault.

35 Likes

Some call it an acronym for Environmental, Social, and Governance. I call it Eat Some Grapes.

23 Likes

What David Kurtz said: Stop calling it the ‘culture war’!

17 Likes

KEY TAKEAWAYS

• Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing is used to screen investments based on corporate policies and to encourage companies to act responsibly.
  • Many mutual funds, brokerage firms, and roboadvisors now offer investment products that employ ESG principles.
  • ESG investing can also help portfolios avoid holding companies engaged in risky or unethical practices are held accountable.
  • The rapid growth of ESG investment funds in recent years has led to claims that companies have been insincere or misleading in touting their ESG accomplishments.
35 Likes

A federal judge in Florida has dismissed the defamation lawsuit by former Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), now the CEO of Trump’s Truth Social

Iowa cows are dissapoint, but I have to assume he is still drawing his million dollar salary? Some checks must have cleared by now, right?

20 Likes

Then [E]verybody [S]hit [G]ood!!

6 Likes

What the hell is ESG? Why isn’t it defined in the first instance? You people either need to hire a competent copyeditor or send your reporters/writers back to school for some basic journalism courses. Otherwise you’re going to be talking to yourselves and not to an audience.

10 Likes

Grapes are grown in California. California is on the west coast. So this ignores flyover country. CULTURE WAR!!!

13 Likes

Speaking of snow in California, here’s a beautiful shot a friend sent me of Morro Bay.

thumbnail

Elevation of the peaks in the background are approximately 2000 feet.

50 Likes

Kellyanne Conway Brazenly Gaslights Fox News Viewers With Bizarre ‘Challenge’ (msn.com)

Kellyanne Conway, famous purveyor of “alternative facts,” went on Fox News on Wednesday to attack the press for being dishonest.

The former Trump White House counselor joined Sean Hannity for a segment about the “lying corrupt media mob,” as an on-screen graphic called it, ostensibly referring to all mainstream media that isn’t Fox News.

“I want to challenge people watching tonight who don’t wear red hats, don’t consider themselves MAGA, don’t consider themselves very strong political people,” Conway told viewers of the right-wing network, which is currently fighting a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit for amplifying lies about the 2020 presidential election.

“I want you to ask yourself how many times you’ve been lied to, not just by this government, but how many times you were lied to by the people whose job it is to tell you the truth in the media,” she continued. “All in the service of ‘getting’ the president. Trump derangement syndrome is real.”

22 Likes

As has been correctly stated, Ruthuglicans are free to have their opinions, but that doesn’t change the facts. No matter what the current Democratic stands are on issues, Rethugs are reflexively on the opposite side. It’s their brand and they profit from it even more in our toxic anti-social environment. Large Marge is Exhibit A.

17 Likes

Thank you!
I’m just a retired medical researcher more acquainted with stuff like ovarian cancer and running a lab. ESG type investing is new to me.

13 Likes

New Findings On Havana Syndrome

A years-long effort by the U.S. intel community to assess whether Havana syndrome is real concluded that it was “very unlikely” to be the result of a weapon developed by a foreign adversary.

So, um, under US media guidelines that would be HAVANA WEAPON FOUND?

(just talking about the spin on the “low confidence” report on something else)

18 Likes

It looks like George Santos just cannot help himself from getting into trouble. His new treasurer is another mystery man, and no one knows who he is. George has this name, Andrew Olson all over his FEC report, yet not one person knows the guy.

28 Likes