Stocks Plunge Amid Coronavirus Fears | Talking Points Memo

Stocks continued taking a significant tumble Thursday, entering correction territory, as investors’ fears grow regarding the spread of coronavirus.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1293755

Everyone knows coronavirus is a Bernie plot.

5 Likes

Donald J. Trump: “It happened because the Democrats weren’t debating!!”

6 Likes

… that Trump has been “highly concerned about the market and has encouraged aides not to tell the truth.”

Oh, I’m sorry, that’s “not give predictions that might cause further tremors.”

4 Likes

Kzudlow and Mnuchin will head up the pump and dump approach to containment.

14 Likes

Has Donnie started handing out paper towels yet?

16 Likes

After the “heads on a pike” threats to the impeachment jurors, witness tampering, judge(s) intimidation…the Coronavirus is something the Criminal IMPeetus and his RethugniCON Party cannot intimidate and gaslight!

And after sowing so much fear to others, the fear is coming back to bite the Criminal IMPeetus…as the fear of Coronavirus is causing the stocks to tumble…

It’s all poetic justice or karma!

Addendum:
#Trumpvirus is trending on Twitter and HHS has no gear to protect them, and will be fired if they asked for it.

5 Likes

" but suggested that Democratic presidential candidates also were to blame following the debate in South Carolina the night before."

So the meal I ate Tuesday is why I feel bad today Thursday ? Got it.

5 Likes

Horse is out of the barn,at full gallop.

7 Likes

Donnie and friends are clearly more concerned about the stock market than they are about saving lives . . . all are true PIGS.

5 Likes

Economy bad. Trump weak.

6 Likes

If this is what it takes to get trump out of office its worth it

6 Likes

It is okay if people die as long as Dow Jones is doing well.

3 Likes

Trump, Pence, Kudlow, Mnuchin = Federal Office of UNtruth.

1 Like

Until people start dying.

He’s blaming the debaters, as if he watched. But who knows. His mouth is like a salad shooter, stuff just comes out and lands somewhere.

suggested that Democratic presidential candidates also were to blame following the debate in South Carolina the night before.

“I think [investors] look at the people — you watched [the debate] last night and they say, ‘If there’s even a possibility that that could happen’ — I think it really takes a hit because of that,” Trump said.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

#silverlining

2 Likes

We, like Dow Jones , know Trump got this.

1 Like

It’ll be more deaths. People seeking asylum dying in custody, ICE raids preventing people from seeking medical care or help from law enforcement. Puerto Rico, for crissakes. Climate change denial. Military policy completely upended, resulting in the deaths of soldiers and our partners in Syria. Blowing up the ACA, the EPA, and on and on.

The level of negligence, of reckless endangerment, the complete dereliction of duty of this maladministration has been nothing but three plus years of misery, illness, and death for all except the 1%.

5 Likes