Stephen Miller Falsely Claims Voter Identity Is Not Confirmed For Mail-In Ballots | Talking Points Memo

“What’s your excuse?”

2 Likes

…and he wonders why his family HATES him.

4 Likes

I should have been more clear. I applied for my mail-in ballot. Took less than 5 minutes.

1 Like

Liar,

Stephen, when I mailed my primary election ballot here in AZ, my name and phone number were inside. I welcome a check of my identity as well. And that signature of mine? It was under a case of perjury if I falsely signed it.
So fuck off you oily pimp.

5 Likes

Oh yes, please. And I have several suggestions for what to throw him into.

1 Like

2 Likes

To an extent. But the whole reason Trump is trying to make this ridiculous distinction between “mail in voting” (bad) and “absentee voting” (good) is that lots of folks in, ahem, important demographics do vote by mail. And he doesn’t want to scare his base in places like The Villages into thinking he’s going to take away their mail-in ballot.

ETA: I suppose there might also be another reason why the word “absentee” might have a positive connotation in the mind (or what’s left of it) of a landlord like Trump…

6 Likes

Also a voter like Trump. He has voted absentee.

6 Likes

Even more Trump officials have endorsed Colorado’s system!

5 Likes

Nope. That’s pretty current.

It is the dead soulless eyes and the radioactive scalp lesions that sell it.

My bet is that Trump occasionally turns toward Stephen and says “What do you think, Roy?”

Which brings up the philosophical conundrum - can one be a pimp and a prostitute at the same time?
Asked and answered.

3 Likes

@sabatia Though I understand the sentiment, I am uncomfortable with using Nazis or their concepts to “explain” Miller. We actually have our own legal concepts which may be of help here. Miller is most certainly a Moser who may have indirectly violated the rabbinic prohibition on Mesirah, meaning “delivery” or “handing over” in Hebrew.

6 Likes

Since mail-in = bad & absentee = Good, I think we should simply have universal no-excuse necessary absentee ballots. LOL!!!

4 Likes

So, what, do you suppose drives a news organization to avoid the word “lie” at all costs?

Is it misplaced deference towards people in power?
Is it fear of losing access to people in power?
Is it a desire to appear impartial?
Is it a form of libel insurance?
Is it a desire to avoid being perceived as shrill or crude or unprofessional?
Is it simply the personal preference of a particular editor?

I truly don’t know. But every time I mentally trip over a tortuous rephrasing of the word “lie”, I have to wonder.

-SG

3 Likes

“Y’know the thing about Miller, he’s got… lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn’t seem to be livin’… until he bites ya.” - Quint

3 Likes

Is there a reasonable person anywhere in the US that believes anything Steven Miller says?

4 Likes

Well, we knew it walked. In only 40 years, it’s learned to talk, too! I’d say that’s something worth noting!

Here’s a guess - a lie is an intentional false claim. Some people are just idiots and don’t know what is correct. Unless the news person knows for a fact that the false claim was intentional it’s just better to say it’s a false claim.

2 Likes

He’s like a walking X-ray of himself or a negative hologram or some shit.

6 Likes

“We’re going to have a great third quarter,” Trump told WRAL on Monday’

“My wife is a genius.”
“My kids love me.”
" I’m a millionaire."

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available