State Dept Official Will Tell Congress Politics Were Behind Decision To Stall Military Aid

A top State Department official will testify on Wednesday that political considerations were behind the department’s decision to withhold military aid to Ukraine, the Associated Press reported.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1260463
1 Like

So the country’s foreign policy was not enacted because an outsider had the go ahead to chase conspiracy theories. How many Ukrainians died because aid was delayed? Mikey P was OK with sacrificing an underling, without explaining to Masha why?

11 Likes

Well of course he’d say that–all lies–given that:

• He’s an Obama holdover
  • He hates Trump
  • He’s a Never-Trumper
  • He voted for Hillary
  • He’s a lying liar
  • He’s bad news
  • He’s human scum
  • His mama wears army boots

No quid pro quo. No collusion. No obstruction. Total exoneration. Greatest president ever. MAGA!

19 Likes

Hale will also tell lawmakers that he attempted to distance himself from the conflict by removing himself from emails discussing Yovanovitch or not replying to emails requesting a public defense of the diplomat.

Diplomacy 101.

12 Likes

Why is it that the Democrats only let never-tRumpers testify </snark>

12 Likes

Mikee Pompadour is all orifices, no spine, no honor, no substance. Secretary of Trumpal Emissions.

8 Likes

Because they’re afraid of the non-truth and lies!

2 Likes

By the time we get to the finish line Republicans are going to be painted into a corner on their defenses and explanations of Trump’s decisions and actions. They will be left with declaring it’s the President’s prerogative to commit crimes and lie. Shrug, say “Whatcha gonna do about it?” and move on.

Oh, and there will be a large parking lot full of people with bus tire marks all over them.

16 Likes

Aren’t Trump’s lawyers already doing that?

11 Likes

More like Legal Defense 101.

The smart state employees made sure to stay as far away as possible from the Giuliani drug deal.

12 Likes

and they will lose a lot of elections.

hopefully a metric shit tonne of them.

4 Likes

Funny how Hannity keeps popping up so often in any story having to do with Russia or Ukraine. Although he plays the patriotic, lunk-headed Outer-Borough Mick to the hilt, I suspect Hannity’s so far up Putin’s butt he can see Vladimir’s lungs.

18 Likes

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a hint of a wisp of a recurrent theme here?

Nah…

12 Likes

I’m sure it pays well.

OT Has anyone else had TPM main page disappear? When I click on the icon on my laptop nothing happens, if I go to their site on google, it does not come up. I clicked on this article and it worked.I’m mystified.

6 Likes

Yes, me too.The raw HTML is an empty page, something like

<html>
<head></head>
<body></body>
</html>

Something is wrong with their webserver.

2 Likes

It’s now come back for me. Strange, never seen this, but did get an email to them.

1 Like

So wouldn’t that make him perfect for the EPA with all those emissions and stuff?

5 Likes

Well when you only have one play in your playbook it then begs the question: “How many grifts can a grifter grift when they only have one grift to grift?”

4 Likes

Funny how Rudy 9/11 has disappeared over the last few weeks. Wonder when he will be the recipient of a Congressional subpoena…which he will, no doubt, ignore.

5 Likes