Spicer Tries To Fix His Image With Dance Contest. Twitter Groans.

Two years after being unceremoniously kicked out of the White House, former White House press secretary Sean Spicer returned to America’s TV screens on Monday night in his debut on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1248931
1 Like

Babaloo!

This ladies and gentleman is the Dictionary definition of “no shame”

9 Likes

Spicer apparently crossed paths with a low talker.

4 Likes

Dear Lord, it has come to this…

2 Likes

Santa Claus CEO is the winner

2 Likes

I am anxiously awaiting Melissa McCarthy on SNL with the latest iteration of ‘Spicey’!

11 Likes

Congratulations everyone. We are all now stupider than we were before clicking on this article.

10 Likes

Great. K Street used to be the location of the revolving door.

Next up – From DWTS Judge to Supreme Court Justice: The Carrie Ann Inaba Story.

1 Like

Spicer’s appearance on the show was an effort to get the country to forget all that:

Spicer’s appearance on DWTS seems to have amplified the memory of his WH tap-dancing performances.

4 Likes

That outfit is exactly how I pictured him in my head every time he was behind the WH podium - looks like a clown suit to me.

2 Likes

With all this activity on Twitter, don’t be surprised if he survives until the middle of the season. This should be ignored in the same way we should ignore his former boss, but it won’t happen.

4 Likes

Ida and Lois did it better on “Malcolm In The Middle”:

5 Likes

At least his dignity and self-respect were completely gone by the time he left the WH, so he didn’t have those to lose with this step into dancing and fashion comedy.

6 Likes

arrrgh my eyes! good thing I don’t watch TeeVee…

1 Like

Certainly a move up from his past position in the Trump WH.

3 Likes

Hey TPM just FYI it’s 100% okay to not cover anything about Sean Spicer doing some terrible dancing or whatever else he’s doing. Like really it’s totally fine to not mention him at all.

1 Like

JFC. If you’re going to do kitsch, do kitsch. There is no such thing as subtle or restrained kitsch. Show us how, Busby Berkeley:

8 Likes

Sean Spicer got paid 6 figures for this. He’s also a Harvard Kennedy fellow. He also got a book deal.

Harvard Kennedy fellow. Harvard sucks big time. Ugh, does anything NOT suck in this country.

3 Likes

Self-awareness is in very short supply within Conservative circles.

1 Like

Lots of things don’t suck, but we don’t see them. The things that truly suck are the things that Corporate Culture tries to sell us. That’s everything from Main Stream News to these f’d up Reality shows.

2 Likes