Special Master Asks Trump To Put His Money Where His Mouth Is

Graham Chapman had a similar stance when as King Arthur he was fighting the Black Knight (“’Tis but a scratch”) in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

You have the reputations you have earned.

By the way, what are your friends telling you about when Kennedy is expected back?

Trump allegedly made a search of the documents in response to NARA demands. If this had been conducted in any sort of professional manner, he could now tell what the FBI took.

Trump has been protected throughout his life by people making allowances for his semi-deliberate incompetence.

3 Likes

i think he wet his pants and he is chapped.

3 Likes

I know you used “allegedly”, but damn I can’t see Trump inventorying/surveying his ill gotten booty. And I also can’t see him delegating that task to someone, that would mean some of person’s fingerprints all over his ‘precious’ pieces of paper.

To enter, make a $20 TAX-DEDUCTIBLE contribution.

Uh….political contributions are not deductible.

4 Likes

Funny how after 8 years his political staff don’t know this.

2 Likes

Somebody here posted a link (can’t find it now) how the stuff about DoJ not going forward on the Gaetz story might be BS. The link showed a very similar story leaked to the same WP reporter using the same quoted “persons close to the investigation” to say that prosecution was unlikely…and then a couple weeks later WHAM…the prosecutions came down. The link talked about how this was a RW tactic, to get folks leaning one way…not enough evidence to prosecute…and then WHEN they do prosecute the RW can claim “see how outrageously political this persecution is, because a couple weeks ago we heard there wasn’t enough evidence”.

8 Likes

Verifying the seized item inventory at this early stage – by surfacing arguments about items planted or items omitted – works to DOJ’s benefit. In a normal case Trump could hold of on those claims and spring them later.

So giving Trump every opportunity to verify (non-classified) things now, and cutting off later complaints of “Well, they wouldn’t let me see the stuff so I wasn’t sure,” is actually a bad thing for Trump. (In my opinion.)

6 Likes

Two weeks, And he’ll be bringing Fat Boy’s “beautiful” healthcare plan that covers everyone and costs nothing, that’s also somehow privately run. Oh, and that 30-day plan for defeating ISIS.

2 Likes

His lawyers who are his agents claimed a diligent search was made.

So who the hell knows what really happened. It would be good to see the surveillance tapes from back then.

2 Likes

There’s a website devoted to Fat Boy’s nicknames, Fat Boy also being part of the name of a bomb which devastated Hiroshima. That’s Fat Boy all over, killing everything he touches or goes near to and we here are going to call him any insulting name we want because no one deserves it more. Me, I’ll just stick with Stephen Colbert’s nickname, Tangerine Palpatine.

@john_adams

6 Likes

These all work.

Fake President
Traitor Trump
Cheatin’ Donald
President* Trump [notice the asterisk]
Don the Con
Dirty Don
Cadet Bone Spur
Agent Orange
Benedict Donald
TicTac Trump
Lil’ Donny Moscow
Red Don
FAUXTUS
Lyin’ Donald
Crooked Donald
Little-Hands Trump
Mrs. Putin
Dainty Donald
Spanky
Impotus
President Spanky McLiarface

2 Likes

You forgot the latest, based on his appearance on Hannity…

SpongeDon SquarePants

7 Likes

Donnie Two Scoops (an early one)

2 Likes

Mango Unchained
Putin’s Cockholster

Christina Bobb is now claiming – on air in her gig as a “reporter” for some small outlet – that she never represented Trump on the search warrant issue.

She says she was never his lawyer on that, just his records custodian.

Say goodbye to the ghost of attorney-client privilege.

(63) Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Search Lawyer NOW Claims She Was NEVER His Lawyer After Court Loss - YouTube

2 Likes

I’ll believe that when she files a motion to that effect.

3 Likes

When you read the “Revised Detailed Property Inventory” filed by the government on Monday together with the “Receipt for Property” filed earlier, you can deduce something about which items were found in Trump’s office, as opposed to in the storeroom. The office docs include:

• the Stone clemency grant
  • the document about the president of France
  • 7 top secret, 17 secret, and 3 confidential documents
  • 43 empty folders with CLASSIFIED banners
  • 28 empty folders with “Return to Staff Secretary/Military Aide”

It appears that most of what is listed above was in the infamous “Leatherbound box.”

Another government pleading says that three of the classified documents were found in a desk drawer in the office, and strongly suggests that the Stone clemency papers and the document about Macron were in the same drawer.

I’m not sure what to make of this, but I think if we knew what the docs in the office were about it might tell us something about why Trump refused to give them up.

1 Like

Judge Cannon has struck again, revising the terms of the Special Master’s Case Management Plan. About the only thing in here that help’s DOJ was the requirement that Trump break out attorney privilege from executive privilege (EP). Her main thrust was to delay the process and make sure nothing would come out prior to mid-terms.

Here’s a rough summary:

(1) She ruled that Trump need not say whether the search inventory is accurate “at this stage, prior to review of any of the Seized Materials.” But, oddly, she doesn’t say whether Trump will have to respond on that issue, after reviewing the materials.

(2) She removed the requirement that Trump specify whether EP claims applied only to dissemination outside the executive branch or also within the executive branch.[*]

(3) The government said it could have a document vendor on board by 9/30 and as far as I can tell no one said any different. But she moved that deadline back to 10/5 anyway.

(4) The deadline for Trump and the government to finalize their disputes over the documents started as 10/28 (and has been something of a moving target). But she moved it even farther back to 11/14 – and forbad the Special Master (SM) from requiring rolling production any earlier.

(5) She extended the deadline for completion of the SM’s privilege review from 11/30 to 12/16, with objections due 12/21, and her ruling thereafter. (So… Welcome to 2023!)

(6) Finally, she said the SM should consider Trump’s Rule 41(g) motion for return of property – instead of looking at whether it should go to the search warrant judge – but only after she has ruled on the objections. (So… at least January, 2023 and probably later).

[*] Actually, I think the EP distinction makes little difference right now. Trump will have to argue that EP prevents DOJ from using the documents (or why bother?). The SM will have to address that, and Cannon will eventually have to rule on it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available